The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Just keep trying. Maybe they are not recruiting at the mo, maybe they have kept you on file, maybe they haven't had time to ring you or whatever yet, maybe they are just not interested.
Reply 261
The most rude, disrespectful and generally disorganised and (insert loads more insults here) employers ever I think I've met must be McDonald's.

They interviewed me on 3 separate occasions at different restaraunts, they lied to me, invited me back, used me for a bit of their own branded dirty work and then chucked me back out jobless once more.

They also didn't handle my complaints against the two local restaurants here well. I never got a satisfactory response to them. Their managers are the worst officially.

However, on a lighter note, most people in Sainsbury's are alright with you bar one or two. :yep:
Reply 262
I'm looking for a part time night shift job; the roles I'd like would be similar to a customer assistant, I guess. With Tesco is it just a case of phoning/ turning up at the store I'm interested in working at and asking if there are any spots available? Which kind of Tescos stores would offer positions like this?
Reply 263
I've got to ask because I'll go crazy with my Mum nagging me and questioning me if I don't.

What are the criteria for receiving clubcard bonus slips when the receipts are printed out? I hand out several a day, some people even get 2 of them but my Mum has never had any. My auntie has though and she never goes to Tesco!

One of the team leaders said you have to have a certain amount of points but I've given bonus slips to people who hardly have any when my Mum does her main shop there every week and always has hundreds.

Thanks!
Spazzycazzy
Tbh my mate used to work for Tesco, bt in a chemist attached to it, they used to ship out scripts to them, she said they are terrible to work for. Tried ripping her off with her maternity leave, she would never work for them again. Guess ive just got a soft spot for them because of the one next to my house, some of the staff have been there yrs and are lovely.
I was lucky to get the online shopper one then at Sainsburys? I am curious to know if there was anyone else went for it, or just me x

Tesco can, at times, be a very difficult place to work in. This can often result in people having the opinion that it is a bad place to work. However, I find the difficult periods a challange.
Reply 265
I'm attending a tesco open day for a new store opening up in my area... I was wondering if these are formal/informal - like, would you be required to dress formally in a suit or just go in your normal clothes?
Lukely
I couldn't say... whereabouts in Berkshire are you, Spazzycazzy? Hahaha great name... PM me, we can talk more about Sainsbury's life if you like?

I'm in Bracknell x
does christmas pay come in early or anything? i get paid the last friday of the month, is everyone else the same? that would mean getting paid on the 26th, so hopefully it comes in early.

also has pay been increased from £6.17 to £6.45?
my pay day has been moved to the 24th, so it's two day early. it makes no difference really :tongue:
do you usually get paid on the last friday of the month as well? two days earlier is not great but i suppose it may do
Reply 270
It's 4 weekly, with the most recent payday being the 28th November. That would suggest our next payday is on the 26th December however i believe it it bought forward by 2 days to the 24th December for Christmas etc.
We get paid on Christmas Eve!

Woooop! :biggrin:
Reply 272
Does anyone know if you have to apply online or can you get an application form from instore? x
Mercedes.
Does anyone know if you have to apply online or can you get an application form from instore? x

You can't apply online, but you can download and print off an application form, then hand it into the store. At the Tesco I work at, they've stopped giving out forms, so your best bet is to DIY :wink:
Reply 274
Turn the interview around on them. Ask them why THEY need YOU. Hehe. Always fun. If its your first time enjoy it! I doubt I'll ever go back. Not that they'd have me again either. I applied for store manager and never heard anything back. Haha, pointed!
Reply 275
Are Tesco planning on bringing in online applications any time soon, a la Sainsburys?
Reply 276
Hey,

I am just wondering if anyone has done the driving assessment for .com because I am currently getting multiskilled (Checkouts, Garage, Kiosk etc.) and they've asked me if I want to do .com driving.
I'm not very good at reversing, so was just wondering what the assessment was like cus if there's a lot of reversing, i'll need to have some practise lol

Thanks.
Reply 277
How long after sending in an application form do you hear from them?
cc100
Are Tesco planning on bringing in online applications any time soon, a la Sainsburys?

Not that I've heard of- they have someone who deals with applications/ interviews/ new starters specially. They need them to be on paper, as they are marked manually using a scorer. I've tried to get access to the answers, with NO luck lol.

Adzha
How long after sending in an application form do you hear from them?

About a week to a month. I heard in under a week. At first it was a rejection, then a couple of weeks later they called me up and offered me a job. :rolleyes:
Got a letter through me door this morning, thought it was the standard rejection letter I've grown used to now but no. I've passed the first stage of the process but theirs no vacancies at the minute so am being kept on file.

So quite pleased with that, could be said-it's no different to a rejection letter-just their drawing the process out longer but... I'm an optimist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending