(Original post by lou_lou87)
Ive got a call bk for a team leader interview for a new store opening, but im a bit unsure as to whether I have a job as general assistant at the least, and how will this interivew differ from the 1st.
I can't answer the first one, but having only had my Team Leader interview a few months ago I can answer the last part. The Team Leader interview focuses on assessing whether you have the qualities required to fulfill the post of Team Leader in Tesco.
As a team leader you will be expected to demonstrate good communication and organisational skills. You'll be responsibile for a range of things including:
- helping to prioritise and allocate daily tasks to the team ensuring maximum productivity
- ensuring department schedules are up-to-date and accurate
- managing breaks
- ensuring overtime shifts are covered
- completing welcome back meetings (on time)
- communicating the weekly Team 5 to your team ace-to-face
- handingover to your manager or another manager at the end of your shift/start of their shift (e.g. when my manager is on a day off I would hand over to one of th eother Non Food Managers before leaving my shift)
- ensuring your staffs legal training is up to date and that training records are also up to date
You'll also be expected to spend 75% of your time on the shop floor carrying out CA/GA duties.
It can vary depending on your department, the above is a number of examples of what I get do in a trading area, but if you are in a service area (checkouts for example) then it will probably be different to what Team Leaders in trading do (to an extent)
In your interview you’ll be expected to demonstrate that you would be able to influence people to do what you need them to do (both your manager and the team).
In my interview I was asked to give examples of when I had coached someone and when I’ve had to do things in order to get a task completed that may have been unpopular with the team.
I don't remember it being a particularly difficult interview (my one-to-one interview at my sign on for Options (Tesco's management training programme) was far more difficult)
Last edited by Scotsman1988; 26-08-2008 at 20:22.