Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    So guys I have experience at waitrose do you think the large Tesco stores will have job vacancies in the summer( end of June) ? And if so are they likely to give me an interview?
    My personnel manager told me that they would be taking temporary works on in May for the migrant workers coming across

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh right well I can ensure you I am no migrant haha!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Ohh right well I can ensure you I am no migrant haha!
    No haha, I mean they take on more staff because the migrant workers will be over working in the berry fields so TESCO needs staff 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi fellow Tesco Employees , I've been at a branch in south west for 11 months now and have to travel almost 2 hours every morning to get there . It's made me late numerous times because trains got cancelled etc and I do my best to explain that its out of my control to my managers but there is only so much they can take.

I'm considering getting a transfer , anyone know how these work ?

If I'm thinking correctly you first have to look online to see if there's any branches with vacancies and then contact your personnel manager or something . My only problem being there seems to be no vacancies online nearer to me , literally the closest one that came up was in central london and would be almost a 2h journey . Yet im sure there is internal recruiting going on . Anyone got any ideas ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    Hi fellow Tesco Employees , I've been at a branch in south west for 11 months now and have to travel almost 2 hours every morning to get there . It's made me late numerous times because trains got cancelled etc and I do my best to explain that its out of my control to my managers but there is only so much they can take.

I'm considering getting a transfer , anyone know how these work ?

If I'm thinking correctly you first have to look online to see if there's any branches with vacancies and then contact your personnel manager or something . My only problem being there seems to be no vacancies online nearer to me , literally the closest one that came up was in central london and would be almost a 2h journey . Yet im sure there is internal recruiting going on . Anyone got any ideas ?
    Personally I'd arrange a little sit down with the personnel manager and explain that you've currently had a look online, but get them to keep their ears close to the ground in regard to stores more locally to yourself recruiting.

If needs be see if they can get in contact with different personnel managers in the local area as there maybe job opportunities that are just about to come up but haven't been posted online yet. Obviously they are more likely to help you if you've been a model employee while at Tesco, rather than have an absence of 20%
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I have an interview tomorrow at a Tesco Metro near Oxford Street in London. Do you guys have any tips for me? How are the interviews nowadays ? I also had one at Sainsbury's last month and I was rejected so I really want to get this right...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could give me more information regarding the length of breaks at Tesco, as I have been given the opportunity to go full-time (I know this section is for part-time/ temporary but this thread seemed appropriate for my question).

It seems totally absurd to me that on a 9 hour shift you get an hour and a half break, and 45 minutes break for 8 hours. As a result, in order to work a standard 37.5 hour week, you have to be at work for 9 hours each day. Do I have to take all of this entitlement, or can I ask for a shorter break, as 90 minutes break is just ridiculous, I don't wish to have that much as it's unpaid anyway.

In essence, what I'm saying is, does everyone who works full time at Tesco really go in for 9 hours each day?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 12, 2014
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.