Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Tesco thread.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnmuir)
    Starting pay for a worker is £6.91 I think. This will be the same for a year, and then it will go up to £7.39 which is what I am on.

Wages can also be higher depending on where you are - I know that in London and Edinburgh, there is an additional location pay which they are given and puts their wages higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello, thank you for replying to both my posts I'm on a starting pay of £7.02 which I think is really good as my store is in the south-west in a fairly rural location! And I did put in an order for some more uniform so am just waiting to see what they say about that! (Just finding it a bit awkward to have to wash the clothes every day and get them dry by the next morning when I don't have a tumble dryer etc)

I've just recently taken on some overtime, so I'll be working two 8 hour shifts this week but no breaks were mentioned when it was discussed, again according to the handbook 8 hours means an employee should have a 45 min break. Do you know if these are fixed? Or if its taken when/if needed and as they are unpaid can I take a shorter break etc? I don't really know how the break thing works as my contracted shifts are only 3 hours a day so I don't get any normally. I will ask someone about it when I'm back in work tomorrow too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even though there's is an online process for student transfers this year (which opens tomorrow and closes 12 sep) I've found that the majority of express stores don't use it. Best option is to speak to your personal manager or give the store a call directly. I'm currently working in a student based express shop in Nottingham which has 6 student vacancies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just been looking at the student transfers thing online, and it is quite confusing. When I searched for the transfers it literally came up with nothing at all...

I have already spoken to someone at my current store about transferring to a store near my university and have submitted a letter as requested by them. Would it be recommended that I also contact the stores I'd like to be able to transfer to (if space available) personally too? They are again, both an express and a metro from what I recall.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha Rose)
    I've just been looking at the student transfers thing online, and it is quite confusing. When I searched for the transfers it literally came up with nothing at all...

I have already spoken to someone at my current store about transferring to a store near my university and have submitted a letter as requested by them. Would it be recommended that I also contact the stores I'd like to be able to transfer to (if space available) personally too? They are again, both an express and a metro from what I recall.

I'm not sure what to do either so get back to me if you figure out :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm also trying to get a student transfer and can't find the form anywhere. My manager did say to take a list of stores into them so looks like what I'll end up doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJ_TW)
    I'm also trying to get a student transfer and can't find the form anywhere. My manager did say to take a list of stores into them so looks like what I'll end up doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Figured it out will post back how to do it shortly!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So what you need to do is make an account on https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/. Once you register go to http://jobsearch.tesco-careers.com/j...ber-2014/11753 and click Apply . This will take you to a page with the store locator and a set of drop downs to find a store. Just enter Student Transfer in the first search box. That should then bring up one option which is something along the lines of "Student Transfer September 2014". After clicking on the link (or clicking apply after - can't remember) you should be promted to do a questionnaire which is the transfer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesRT1996)
    So what you need to do is make an account on https://apply.tesco-careers.com/members/. Once you register go to http://jobsearch.tesco-careers.com/j...ber-2014/11753 and click Apply . This will take you to a page with the store locator and a set of drop downs to find a store. Just enter Student Transfer in the first search box. That should then bring up one option which is something along the lines of "Student Transfer September 2014". After clicking on the link (or clicking apply after - can't remember) you should be promted to do a questionnaire which is the transfer.
    Thank you for this! Got it all figured out now, aside from the fact no jobs are showing up where I need them... Never mind! Hope the search goes better for you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this! Got it all figured out now, aside from the fact no jobs are showing up where I need them... Never mind! Hope the search goes better for you!
    You don't search for jobs. You will end up filling out a questionnaire and thats it. Leave all the search settings as the default "please select" or whatever they are and just write "Student Transfer" in the keywords thing and that should bring up one job that will lead to the questionnaire when you follow through
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if that doesnt work ill make a fake account and figure out how to do it again to tell you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.