Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

The Tesco thread.

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackkkkkM)
    So starting pay is £7 an hour.
    As your hours are nights, you get night pay which I think is time and a half so you'd be on £10.50 an hour (not 100% sure)
    Coupled with the fact you are working 2 hours on a Sunday again time and a half, you'd be on £14 an hour for those two hours

9 hour shifts have 1hr30 unpaid breaks, so in total you'll be paid for 15 hours work

(2x14) + (13x10.50) = £164.50 a week

I can't guarantee if it's 100% that but probably something around that figure
    Sunday is Time and a Half and Night premium is £1.47 I think. It's not as much as time and a half for sure.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    How old do I have to be to work at Tesco? And what's the usual salary?
    you have to be 16 and salary for most is £7 an hour regardless of age (for a customer assistant. )
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJames55)
    you have to be 16 and salary for most is £7 an hour regardless of age (for a customer assistant. )
    Thanks! Just have to wait just under 2 years then... :no:
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Sunday is Time and a Half and Night premium is £1.47 I think. It's not as much as time and a half for sure.
    yeah since then I've found that out haha, i don't work nights so just took a guess
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    Thanks! Just have to wait just under 2 years then... :no:
    Until then my tip is to try and get any kind of experience you can put on a CV. Become a prefect, peer mentor whatever roles your school offers and/or try volunteering and/or join a club inside or outside school. Something that you can use to prove you are committed, reliable, self-motivated, dependable and other skills employers want It also gives you something to talk about in an interview (unlike most 16-18 year olds)
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Until then my tip is to try and get any kind of experience you can put on a CV. Become a prefect, peer mentor whatever roles your school offers and/or try volunteering and/or join a club inside or outside school. Something that you can use to prove you are committed, reliable, self-motivated, dependable and other skills employers want It also gives you something to talk about in an interview (unlike most 16-18 year olds)
    Oh ok, I might start working on my CV then.
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'm contracted to work on Sunday, but I'm wondering if I will get paid time and a half or just my normal salary?
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bboss111)
    I'm contracted to work on Sunday, but I'm wondering if I will get paid time and a half or just my normal salary?
    You will get time and a half Enjoy.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happens if we leave the company but still have holidays that we haven't used up? Do we get paid for any holidays we haven't taken or do we lose them?
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lintu93)
    Does anyone know what happens if we leave the company but still have holidays that we haven't used up? Do we get paid for any holidays we haven't taken or do we lose them?
    You'll get paid for the holidays that you have earned, but have yet to take. You can find this on the bottom of your payslip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bboss111)
    As far as I'm aware the Sunday/Bank Holiday rate has went down to Time and a quarter for new employees.

I joined in August and people told me I was on time and a quarter, but I get time and a half, so think I may have been just before the cut off date. Unless it's still time and a half and everyone just made stuff up about time and a quarter haha.
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisruptor)
    As far as I'm aware the Sunday/Bank Holiday rate has went down to Time and a quarter for new employees.

I joined in August and people told me I was on time and a quarter, but I get time and a half, so think I may have been just before the cut off date. Unless it's still time and a half and everyone just made stuff up about time and a quarter haha.
    Unless it's changed again it should still be time and a half! I joined in October 2014

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2015
2015 general election
New on TSR

The secret to exam success

Flex your flow muscle...

Article updates
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.