Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
x

Unlock these great extras with your FREE membership

• One-on-one advice about results day and Clearing
  • Free access to our personal statement wizard
  • Customise TSR to suit how you want to use it

The Tesco thread.

Announcements Posted on
Rate your uni — help us build a league table based on real student views 19-08-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hi there i was wondering if anyone can help me it's a query for my other half he's recently started working at tesco how long will he be able to do over time in other stores as the store he works at has no over time available.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hi all quick question I have checked my wageslip online and missing one days overtime off my wage.

I work nights and worked Thursday the 20th August going into Friday morning did i miss the cut off?

If i didnt who should i contact at the store to query it?

Cheers.
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trevstan)
    Hi all quick question I have checked my wageslip online and missing one days overtime off my wage.

I work nights and worked Thursday the 20th August going into Friday morning did i miss the cut off?

Cheers.
    I was told the cut off point was the 20th so that's likely why, though it's always worth explaining to your manager
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trevstan)

Cheers.
    I've been told the Thursday before pay day is the cut off point , so that's probably why
    But if you're unsure just go see wages
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    What is the uniform for a personal shopper? I start work on Tuesday, well it's my induction, I'm not sure what I should wear
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieranelvyy)
    What is the uniform for a personal shopper? I start work on Tuesday, well it's my induction, I'm not sure what I should wear
    Uniform is blue trousers and a shirt/polo (blue or red). We got told to wear black trousers , shoes , and a smart black or white shirt/t shirt. You can also wear a black cardigan ,as it gets cold down the frozen aisle! Ha
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I've had two payslips now and thought i would get my emergency tax back in the second. When/how can i get it back? Thanks
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hello, has anyone heard back from the student transfer service whether they have been successful or otherwise? I move to university in just over 2 weeks but haven't heard anything back
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JadeG-97)
    Hello, has anyone heard back from the student transfer service whether they have been successful or otherwise? I move to university in just over 2 weeks but haven't heard anything back
    +1

Posted from TSR Mobile
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    The student transfer service is a joke, it took them two months to sort me out so by that point I had been at uni for a month and a half. You will get an email of the store itself inviting you in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't heard anything, the closing date is the 4th so I'm hoping we'll hear around then
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a question regarding old colleague priority then new colleague . I m working in tesco super store from 2011 & in my department there was 4 vacancies open then I talk with my manager if he can give sun mon & tues with my same hours contract ? Cause I m working tue till Friday & these days are clashing with my husband hours always & I m flexible on that days if u can adjust before u give anybody. Then he said ok I will speak with my boss from that day till 2 months I was keep asking about my days if he sort it out he was just keep saying yeah possibly u will get then he said in the last few weeks might be u will start 1week in sep . When I asked him in sep he said sorry I can't give u Sunday but I can drop fri to mon so u can work mob till thurs . I said what is the difference between my recent hours then if I will get mon till thurs cause I m doing tue till Friday ? He said I can't do it I already got enough staff on Sunday now & let me know if u r interested in mon till Thursday shifts ASAP . I think old colleague have more priority then new people ? Even I told him 2 months ago after that he gave sun shifts to new people !
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesco1)
    Hi, I have a question regarding old colleague priority then new colleague . I m working in tesco super store from 2011 & in my department there was 4 vacancies open then I talk with my manager if he can give sun mon & tues with my same hours contract ? Cause I m working tue till Friday & these days are clashing with my husband hours always & I m flexible on that days if u can adjust before u give anybody. Then he said ok I will speak with my boss from that day till 2 months I was keep asking about my days if he sort it out he was just keep saying yeah possibly u will get then he said in the last few weeks might be u will start 1week in sep . When I asked him in sep he said sorry I can't give u Sunday but I can drop fri to mon so u can work mob till thurs . I said what is the difference between my recent hours then if I will get mon till thurs cause I m doing tue till Friday ? He said I can't do it I already got enough staff on Sunday now & let me know if u r interested in mon till Thursday shifts ASAP . I think old colleague have more priority then new people ? Even I told him 2 months ago after that he gave sun shifts to new people !
    Which Superstore do you work at, and is it nights or day work? Your post is quite incoherent, which leads me to believe that perhaps English isn't your first language; if you didn't sufficiently relay your issues to your manager, and instead expressed it in a way that is similar to your post here, well...

Take a moment, explain your situation a bit more - get your most important points across as clear as you can. I gather that you work at a Superstore, and have worked there as such since 2011. Equally, that two months ago you asked your manager for a shift change, at that time four vacancies were open - assuming you asked for a shift change because of the vacancies, when were the vacancies filled? And if they have been filled, not much you can do other than work with your manager to get whatever hours you can - I don't believe Tesco is under any obligation to change your shift just because you want it changed, so take what you can get, really.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

What uni's really like

Chill those freshers fears...

Poll
Would you date a smoker?
x

Looking for some help?

Ask our friendly student community a question

Ask a question now

Or get help from our smart tools and guides

GCSE help A-level help Uni application help Everything else
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.