The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Killerpenguin15
Got my Christmas temp job at Tesco Pitsea! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Does anyone know what the pay is currently for under-18s? I heard it was something like £7.15/hour, can someone confirm this?

Thanks!

Under 18s/over 18s get paid the same. I started on £7.02 then after 6 months it increases to £7.39. Then obviously Sunday premium. Pretty sure this is the same in all stores (maybe excluding London) :smile:
check ur quality mate. tropicana is the way forward

@ubisoft
I had a interview with Tesco on Friday 4th December and she said she thinks it was a successful interview how long do I need to wait for a phone call back? she said she was going to send paperwork of for CRB check
Original post by arron urbanowicz
I had a interview with Tesco on Friday 4th December and she said she thinks it was a successful interview how long do I need to wait for a phone call back? she said she was going to send paperwork of for CRB check

You mean your 'right to work in the UK'? You don't need a DBS (formerly known as CRB) to work for Tesco.
Original post by brightonlad89
You mean your 'right to work in the UK'? You don't need a DBS (formerly known as CRB) to work for Tesco.

I have gone for home delivery job and they deliver to school so have to do a DBS check
Does anyone know how long the 'right to work' stuff takes to review?
Original post by arron urbanowicz
I have gone for home delivery job and they deliver to school so have to do a DBS check

Odd. You don't need one unless you were going to be one-to-one alone with a vulnerable person -- which as a delivery driver you wouldn't be. What a waste of money on that store's part.
Original post by meowlucy99

Recent new starts have had to wait around 4-6 weeks for theirs.
Odd. You don't need one unless you were going to be one-to-one alone with a vulnerable person -- which as a delivery driver you wouldn't be. What a waste of money on that store's part.

I filled in the form on my interview just waiting for a call back how long should i leave it before i call back ?
Stole a trolley from Tesco.

That's so long D; I'm so impatient lol
Original post by meowlucy99

Took them 3 weeks when I joined
For people wondering how long the whole tesco process takes, something I would've liked to have known when applying;
I applied for a role on the 23/10/15 (The same day as the closing date)
I was contacted on the 18/11/15 telling me to come into a group interview on the 23/11/15
I was then contacted on the 5/12/15 telling me to bring in my right to work documents as there was a problem on their end
I was contacted today (10/12/15) telling me that I have the job and they'd like to invite me to a induction day on the 18/12/15
So overall the whole process started on the 23/10/15 and will finish on 18/12/15
Hopefully this gave people a good idea of how long the whole process takes :biggrin:
Original post by katrina89
Took them 3 weeks when I joined

Just got a phone call - I have my induction day on Saturday so I guess it's been checked already :smile:

I only had to wait just under 2 weeks for mine to come back! :biggrin:
For me, the whole process took a relatively short time. I applied for a role on the 17th November, and was offered a job on the 5th December, and did my induction on the 7th December.

The job interview was quite simple. It was a group one. We were all collected from customer services, and taken into the staff area. We then filled out paperwork, availability forms etc. After that we were all taken on to the shop floor, and paired with a colleague to see how we worked. This was mainly stacking shelves and helping customers pack their bags at the checkouts.

It took around 2 weeks for my right to work to come back, after which I got a call from the personnel manager, who offered me a job. Although it's a temp 12 week contract, that is usual for a lot of new Tesco workers.

The induction (on a Monday) was paid at the standard rate (£7.06/hour), and it lasted around 7 hours (1500-2200). This was going through health & safety, Tesco procedures and other things, and reviewing the handbook.

I started 2 days after my induction (on a Wednesday), where all the staff were really helpful, especially the managers and the store manager. Tesco is a great employer, and pays well. It's recruitment process is good as well. Best of luck to anybody else applying for Tesco! :-D
Reply 1856
does anyone find tesco application hard or is it just me who find it difficult. applied 3 times always getting rejected. same with you.

sainsburys ada, mark spencer much easier
Original post by nanse
does anyone find tesco application hard or is it just me who find it difficult. applied 3 times always getting rejected. same with you.

sainsburys ada, mark spencer much easier

I used these answers: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130102064609AA0lSPJ and I got a job.
Reply 1858
hehhe nice
Hi People
I applied for a Team Leader position at tesco.After 2 weeks i had a group interview and after that had a call from them and offered the job which i accepted.After nearly two weeks that i had my group induction and again after one week of that they told me to give them my passport copy and right to work document which i did.Today got an email saying i was unsuccesful.What does it mean.Can somone help me to make it understand.Is it possible after getting through all of this and after onduction.Is it a misstake?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending