The Student Room Group

How will you be checking your results? (Poll)

Poll

How are you going to find out your A-level results?

Sorry if this has been done already - I could only find one asking last year's applicants what they'd done. :smile:

Anyway - the options are above, in the poll. Which method are you opting for, and why?

Scroll to see replies

literally just explained why on another thread about 2 seconds ago, but i'll prob wait til i go in cos i don't think i can face going in and getting my results if i check track first and see i'm unsuccessful!
UCAS track doesn't give your results - it only says whether your firm/insurance uni informed UCAS that you'd been accepted or not by 6pm Wednesday evening.
Reply 3
I took the Advanced Placement, so I already have the results - I called. It was so stressing but I got them! :biggrin: Well all except one.. but still.
Reply 4
advanced placement whats that?
Reply 5
PQ
UCAS track doesn't give your results - it only says whether your firm/insurance uni informed UCAS that you'd been accepted or not by 6pm Wednesday evening.

Yes indeed - but for me, it amounts to the same thing. Forgot that lots of other people will have very different offers. :o:
Reply 6
Depending on what time i'm up.. i'll probably be too scared to check track.. so probably just wait until i get to college.. AHHH one week :eek:
I'm going to check UCAS track, because it will tell me if my firm place is confirmed, but not my grades so I'll still have the element of surprise when I go in and open the envelope. The grades I need to get my firm are lower than my predicted grades so I still won't know what I've got, but will know I've at least got the minimum my uni wanted.:smile:
Reply 8
weet_ABI_x
literally just explained why on another thread about 2 seconds ago, but i'll prob wait til i go in cos i don't think i can face going in and getting my results if i check track first and see i'm unsuccessful!

See, that's one way of looking at it... but I also think that, if it's bad news, I'd maybe rather know beforehand so as to compose myself before I go in!

I don't know what to do! :s-smilie:
I'll be going in to school as usual, but I'll probably whack out a bit of track before I leave the house
Reply 10
I'm waiting to get the results slip cos even if I did find out another way, I'd want to be sure. This way, I'll know everything; the breakdown, the final grades and I'll be sure.
Reply 11
PQ

Really? We will hear by 6pm on Wednesday? Or did you mean Thursday?
Reply 12
jc123
Really? We will hear by 6pm on Wednesday? Or did you mean Thursday?

No no - what PQ meant was that the universities have to let UCAS know by 6pm on the Wednesday, in order for Track to update the following day. And even then, it's not guaranteed to update, to my knowledge.
Reply 13
Oh ok. thanks
lol ill check anyway but a day early sounds good to me! less time to worry and such :biggrin:
I'm going to check Track, just so I know where I stand before I go into school.
Then I'll obviously have to open the dreaded envelope!
Reply 16
Check UCAS, then get my results from school.

Then call my parents in America. :woo:

Then fly out to America on friday.

argh :|
Check track. If I make the offer, I'll hop about the house waiting for the results envelope to arrive. If not, run to school for the envelope and then engage in damage-limitation efforts the best I can..Hope I'm not the only one dreading the day.
lol i just got negged for how im going to get me results! :biggrin: how bizare is the student room?
check ucas before i go in, realise i havent got in, so then when i get to school i can be prepared for my bad results.
rather than keep myself waiting, open the results to U's in shock!

Latest

Trending

Trending