The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Got an 'A' in my AS RE exam even though I didn't even pick it as a proper subject. We had to do the subject because it was a catholic sixth form but we only got 2 lessons a week instead of 5. I never imagined that I would get an 'A'!!!
Reply 41
My most pleasing result was an A in GCSE Religious Studies when I always got C or worse on the health checks!

The most disappointing result was AS English Lit - "Spies" by Michael Frayn. I got a D the first time, then on my retake I thought I improved, then I got a big fat U!! Fingers crossed for the third time!
I got 86/90 on an english lit paper. I was so surprised, I thought I would fail after being told how harsh AQA examiners mark for spies!

For GCSE, I was surprised that I got A* for RE. I did no extra revision for it whatsoever!
getting full marks in 3/4 sections of GCSE french and then 70/90 on the listening

I was quite suprised with all of that !
Reply 44
getting an A at GCSE ICT when i spent the night before praying i'd just passed, because i completely ****ed up the exam. that and A in AS accounting after i was ill for half the year and absent
Reply 45
getting an A* for Eng Lit in year 10, and then getting a D for technology in year 11, kind of ruins my academic record but I have always found it quite amusing
Definitely my 1 in Standard Grade Maths... it was a horrible exam, and I was absolutely certain I was failing.
Reply 47
A in GCSE History, hated it
Reply 48
A in GCSE Economics. I seriously thought I would have got a C or a B with some kind of miracle.
Getting 88/90 in an AS history module when I thought I had literally completely messed it up (C or D) and was expecting to have to resit it in June.

Oh and full marks on every section of English GCSE, which was definitely unexpected..
A* in GCSE History was a pleasant surprise.

A in GCSE Resistant Materials was also a nice surprise as my teacher always gave the impression my coursework (60% of the grade) wasnt very good.

90/90 in Politics Unit 4. The exam was one of those where you know you've either smacked it or got it very, very wrong. Luckily for me it was the former.
Reply 51
for me double award science GCSE. Mainly because i got E's/D's in the modules and coursework and so went into the 2 final exams with a low D. i also really struggled with science but managed really high B's like 2 marks from A's.

or maybe English Language GCSE because i came out of the exam crying cos i cocked it up so much but got an A overall.

or also PYA4 cos i got an A which was really suprising.
100% on PYA4 (Psychology a2 module taken in jan) when i was told by my teacher i'd put the wrong thing on one of the questions..that showed her!!

ALSO, in my gcse's i got AA in double science..when i'd been predicted DD and would 'definately' not achieve higher than CC and was urged too do foundation..however my parents complained and i CHOSE to do higher, and glad I did...lol
When I worked really hard for my Nazism retake for History AS and still got a C :frown:

Not only that, but it was ten marks less than the first time I took it, and I did no work first time round.

I wanted to cry :cry:
Reply 54
Either the triple A* I got in chem, bio and physics GCSE's or the C I got in my A2 geography natural hazards exam... I'm pretty much a straight A student, I've only had one B lol, and this was a low C!! :O
Reply 55
not failing everything. that was quite surprising tbh.
Got a D in a paper about feminist film. All year we took about 10 mocks for this essay and every single time the teachers had been going "OMG A! OMG 100%! OMG beyond an A level standard!"

then got a low D for it.

Turns out the teachers were supposed to narrow down the microtopic for the essay, but they had told me my microtopic was fine. Got heavily penalized for being "too wide" though.

Arghfhfhfh.
Passing first year of Uni.

I was 99% sure I'd buggered it up. Seriously. I'd already started the revision for my resits.
Reply 58
passing my gcses and As's never expected to pass with 2 weeks revision i guess God loves me .
getting an A for my ABRSM piano examination when I came out telling my mom it was the most hellish experience I'd ever had in a piano examination.

Latest