The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

120/120 in Geography Synoptic for A-Level but generally my Gold in the chemistry Olympiad was the most surprising as I really didn't expect to even get a Bronze or anything.
I got full marks for a psychology unit of AS last year. I didn't quite finish my paper, and upon telling one of my teachers what I'd written, she cruelly remarked: "well you've dropped at least one grade, then, probably two". Shows what she knew.

My other major surprises came in History. First, the GCSE, where I was just floored by all the questions on both papers, and wrote a load of crap yet came out with an A*. Secondly, on the AS Tudor paper - you got a choice of two questions, and they were both terrible. Choosing between the questions was like choosing which foot to shoot yourself in. I wrote the biggest load of crap ever, it wasn't even coherent - and I would have considered myself lucky to have even got a grade - and yet I got 69/90, a high B grade, which meant I got an A for the AS overall. Delighted. :awesome:
Reply 82
90/90 for eng lit Spies paper at AS, which most of the people the year before had dropped about 3 grades in and even more surprisingly, an A for GCSE maths- not bad considering I still don't know my times tables! lol
B in RS GCSE despite being predicted A*, my only predicted A*, and getting like 93% in the mock. Oops.
Reply 84
Toiletpaper8
I've been told computer science and ICT is very unrelated lol. Apparently it's more maths based.

Totally, most people don't know that though. :p:
Reply 85
99/100 for Politics unit 2 in January. I thought I'd have to re-take!

Also a B in GCSE maths, I was praying for a D!
For me getting 90/90 in my AS physics mechanics exam was the most shocking result especially because i thought i had done terrible
Reply 87
Getting C/D's in my mocks for Alevels and getting A's in the real thing. Excepting physics, of course. :p:
Reply 88
I got 90/90 for my Shakespeare AS English Literature coursework...after handing it in several times, it remained on a C! But final time it just scraped an A, but it got moderated up!

Oooo and getting an A in GCSE Maths...i had practically given up seeing as every practice paper i did was impossible!

:biggrin:
Reply 89
Getting an A* in GCSE P.E. after being told it was absolutely impossible for me to get an A* by my teachers. I was absolutely shocked and still am, I must have really aced the theory exam!
getting an E for my english igcse... and wen i alwais got an A or high B for my homeworks and high B for my mock.

they remarked... but it was still an E

den d teacher made me do a Core paper instead and i got B in d wrting paper and high C in the reading paper but since it was the core paper the maximum i could get was C. so i ended up with a C.
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........... :frown:
87 and 88/90 on my AS physics exams, when I couldnt understand anything even in April. I'm much prouder of that than full marks in some other modules. Glad I ditched the subject even though it turned out to be my second highest in UMS; I know when I've had a good run :p:
Reply 92
Getting B's for GCSE RS and for Biology. Lower than what I expected.
Reply 93
After being predicited a U in AS italian and being advised to drop it, i got a C, more than most of my class :smile:
Reply 94
120/120 on an english AS paper, despite getting a D on a mock I did a week before the exam
a D on GCSE RE Short course despite getting 97% on a mock 6 months before the real exam
Reply 95
an A and a B in a Psychology resits after only ever getting E's.
Reply 96
Getting 200/200 on both GCSE Science double award papers...even though I know I DEFINITELY missed out at least a couple of questions lol Edexcel probably made a mistake but I'm really not complaining :yep:
Reply 97
Getting a B in English lit after getting A* in coursework and pre-1900s prose, only to get a C in Poetry and prose post 1900
Reply 98
Pires06
I got 7/8 in my spelling test

hahaha !
i actually laughed at that :biggrin:

Latest