The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeh they're the same thing. I did AQA Computing but my school called it Computer Studies
Reply 2
Dont. Pick. ICT.

Computings OK. Dont do ICT.
Reply 3
lol ict and computing cover similar things, they make to do although in ict but if you do computing they just expect you to know it. the best reason not for doing ict is cw lol. my computing cw was only 20 pages including code, screenshots
Reply 4
ICT is a waste of time. Do Computing.

Edit: Although I would advise Maths/Further Maths/Physics over both of them.
Beaney
lol ict and computing cover similar things, they make to do although in ict but if you do computing they just expect you to know it. the best reason not for doing ict is cw lol. my computing cw was only 20 pages including code, screenshots

ICT & Computing don't study similiar things, ICT studies the use of Applications such as Microsoft Office, how to work on various applications to do the tasks needed, whereas Computing teaches you about the workings of a computer. Computer Architecture, Mathematics needed for Computing, Data Representation, Data Structures, Networking, Programming, Algorithms and so forth.

ICT, I believe is a very badly respected course, whereas Computing isn't immensely respected, but it isn't disrespected. As stated above, Mathematics & Further Mathematics are both better choices if you want to do a Computing or Engineering related subject as University.
Reply 6
I'm not actually taking Computing/ICT, I was just confused. :p:
Reply 7
Daniel Williamson
ICT & Computing don't study similiar things, ICT studies the use of Applications such as Microsoft Office, how to work on various applications to do the tasks needed, whereas Computing teaches you about the workings of a computer. Computer Architecture, Mathematics needed for Computing, Data Representation, Data Structures, Networking, Programming, Algorithms and so forth.

ICT, I believe is a very badly respected course, whereas Computing isn't immensely respected, but it isn't disrespected. As stated above, Mathematics & Further Mathematics are both better choices if you want to do a Computing or Engineering related subject as University.

your meant to study the use of applications in computing, and networking data representation is covered in ict aswell, hence they cover similar things, not the exact same things but similar
Reply 8
Beaney
your meant to study the use of applications in computing, and networking data representation is covered in ict aswell, hence they cover similar things, not the exact same things but similar

Trivially coincident? Perhaps.

Similar? No.
Reply 9
Just Admit, you were wrong. If its a trival coincidence that they were similar how cant they be similar. You have no sense forsomeone that got into york
Reply 10
Beaney
Just Admit, you were wrong. If its a trival coincidence that they were similar how cant they be similar. You have no sense forsomeone that got into york

Trivially coincident. Coinciding in so small a way as to not be worth noting.

Similar means an awful lot more than an incidental overlap and they are not similar.

Latest

Trending

Trending