The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

kidney thief
Law
was there on 9th December

wen was urs? how do u think u did ?

13th - could've been considerably better!
lol, mine too.
did u stay in the college?
kidney thief
lol, mine too.
did u stay in the college?

Yes, Staircase U.

The interview wasn't disastrous and the test was ok. I took longer than I should have on some things. Im not sure I communicated how much I really do love the subject. Most of all I don't think I did anything that would make them think, "Wow, we have to give her a place".
yea me too- nothing made them jump out of their chair, glasses flying askew, knocking over their glass of water and exclaiming "wow, you're just what we want!" (as i'd hoped).
i kinda waffled vaguely through some answers, *sigh*
it was kind of a shame that i was interviewed in the early evening (around 5-6) as i didnt get to see much of the college in the light. Also, outside one of the interview rooms, i sat in this corridor where the light was on a sort of timer and kept clicking off, meaning i sat in the dark like a goon :biggrin:
Reply 64
Hey someone - pretty please ring Emma about our replies?
irisng
Hey someone - pretty please ring Emma about our replies?

what? haven't you had yours yet? :confused: hmmm thats strange :rolleyes:
Reply 66
kidney thief
what? haven't you had yours yet? :confused: hmmm thats strange :rolleyes:

:eviltongu :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Grrrrrr Kidney Thief I will personally eat you! :banghead:

*thumps chair* oops broke it... :rolleyes:
kekeke :biggrin: :aetsch:

only jking aint had mine either
judging from the replies thread, its only St Johns who have had theirs today. so its either tomorrow or tuesday
Reply 68
*GROWLS AT YOU*

I wanna know if my friend's got an offer or not - she's applied to John's for Maths!

Kidney Thief go ring Emma pretty pleeeeeeeease :biggrin: ?
wats the point? if not 2morrow then def. tuesday!
to be honest, i quite prefer this blissful state of limbo - id actually rather not know (*blasphemy!*)

also its quite amusing watching the people on this forum crumble as i calmly and contently sip earl grey :biggrin:
Reply 70
I blame UKL :mad: This forum is getting me more worked up than I originally was! - I just had it at the back of my mind, quietly nagging at me. Then I come here and everyone... ARGH! It's making me wanna scream!

Think I might get off this forum :frown:
Ok, hands up Emmanuel applicants who, like me, have been pooled.
Phew, I'm glad I didn't come across this forum before my letter came - I'd have been nervous as ..a very nervous thing.

Lots of Emma applicants have been pooled by the looks of things - check the "pooled people unite" thread. I think there were at least 3 or 4.
yep, ive been pooled for law.
i doubt there would be many places at other colleges (if at all) for a subject as competitive as law though :frown:
*puts hand up*

Man, we're a big bunch. :rolleyes:
But Emma got more pooled candidates in than anywhere else last year!
I mean, 60 ppl... that's hardly gonna be the overall stat of 1 in 5, is it?
Reply 75
(My hand is up)

Pooled for Maths - had my heart set on it too (it's difficult not to...)
Reply 76
Pooled for ASNAC

So far I've seen only three accepted by Emma
crazydaveuk
*puts hand up*

Man, we're a big bunch. :rolleyes:
But Emma got more pooled candidates in than anywhere else last year!
I mean, 60 ppl... that's hardly gonna be the overall stat of 1 in 5, is it?

Looking at the numbers from last year that are on the little information sheet we got about the pool, I got a figure of around 1 in 4 successful for the pool. Although that did seem kind of high to me.

But is says in 2003/2004 3310 applicants were pooled and 884 were made offers.

3310/884 = 3.74

I'm slightly confused. When is says "256 pooled applicants received direct o0ffers without returning for pool interviews" does that mean they got into their first college in the end?
I thought at first it meant they were made offers without being re-interviewed, but then the numbers don't add up :confused:
Reply 78
surely it's 884/3310 = 0.267 = 27% chance of being made an offer?
redlorry
surely it's 884/3310 = 0.267 = 27% chance of being made an offer?

Same thing?

Latest

Trending

Trending