The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
I very much doubt it, especially for a university like Lancaster. If your offer was ABB they'd be looking for those specific grades. If they accepted UCAS points they would probably have made a specific offer. If they wanted to be flexible (yet still not use points) they may have said ABB or AAC. BCCC would be pushing it.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I don't think so, if the University wanted ucas points then they wud specify they wanted ucas points, ie with my offer
Reply 3
Oh well, I just higly doubt i'll be able to get the required grades! Apparently though, on one of the threads, a person said they hadn't got the grades for Lancs, but still managed to get in when she told them that she had exceeded her offer in terms of UCAS Points. I'll try and get a link for the thread. At least I might be able to argue/beg them to offer me a place if I use that as tool. I'll try and get a link for that thread...
Reply 4
they are not always that fussy on grades, i needed ABB also and got ABC and almost got asked why i was ringing up to ask...

the best thing to do is to ring...
Reply 5
Missing grades a little bit is usually ok with Lancs in my experience. But going from ABB to BCCC is a bit much to be honest. Hopefully you won't need to worry about it, but I suppose the fact you exceeded the points could work. It really depends on the course and how popular it is.
Reply 6
Offers normall say 320 points from three a-levels..

Just hope you've worked hard enough and have the number ready to ring on results day. Be calm and have other courses you'd be willing to go on if you so desperately want to come to Lancaster. You can always transfer to Psychology when you get here.
Reply 7

Just hope you've worked hard enough and have the number ready to ring on results day. Be calm and have other courses you'd be willing to go on if you so desperately want to come to Lancaster. You can always transfer to Psychology when you get here.
Reply 8
floss

So, do you reckon I could ring and ask to be tranferred to a similair course, like Criminology? Does that often work, saying I would be willing to go on other courses?
I received DDM for my National Diploma in IT, which I believe is 320 in UCAS points. It was enough to receive an offer from the management school, which arguably is one of the hardest departments at Lancaster to gain entry to. The requirements when I applied if I remember rightly only mentioned A levels, so it's probably worth emailing them to see.
Reply 10
Lancaster are quite generous about people missing their offers, especially in under-subscribed subjects, but my feeling is that you are probably asking a little bit too much.
Yes, they do accept Gen Studs, but as one of three A2 grades, not one of 4. You are offering BCC which is three grades below offer. I do know people who have got in with 3 dropped grades, and more, although not in Psychology. Don't give up hope yet.
Reply 11
CoolioVendetta
I received DDM for my National Diploma in IT, which I believe is 320 in UCAS points. It was enough to receive an offer from the management school, which arguably is one of the hardest departments at Lancaster to gain entry to. The requirements when I applied if I remember rightly only mentioned A levels, so it's probably worth emailing them to see.

UCAS points are from a-levels though.. They'll accept similar qualification but that's a different story..

The nigh ebfore results.. Print off the clearing lists.. Look at what courses you'd be interested in.. Be ready to compromise.. You'll be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending