Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are We competing in the Olympics as GREAT BRITAIN ?!

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    Sigh, it's also a fact that Britain is a predominately white Christian country, 64.4% of babies born in 2005 were classed as white British, so the other 35.6% weren't. The second most popular babies name is mohammed, Britain is on it's way to becoming a muslim country, which I personally think is disgusting, If you come to live in Britain you should have to embrace the British way of life.
    And that has absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing. Nothing, at all.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    And that has absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing. Nothing, at all.

    You're a plug girl, aren't you? Anyone who is as ignorant as you are must be loving all the penetration she can get. Dosey bint.
    Personal insults, wow your mature!!

    British people are white, if your not white your not properly British
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    British people are white, if your not white your not properly British
    ...and the sky is green.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    British people are white, if your not white your not properly British
    Get your fascist head out of the sand.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    Get your fascist head out of the sand.
    Why you don't know me. It shouldn't bother you what I think, my opinion really doesn't matter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Edwinnator)
    We should have Olympic Devolution! Separate teams for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland!
    There's nothing so good as billing yourself up as "Great", especially in today's agre.

    Anyway, your idea would be rather embarrassing for the Welsh team would it not?!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Generally, answers to this question seem to be geo-political or historical. Ok, we get 'why' historically Great Britain enters the Olympics instead of entering as its separate component countries. But really, the elephant in the room, the crux of the question is "why doesn't England have the balls to enter under its own banner"? Seriously, aren't you a little embarrassed? You can dress it up any way you like but it looks kinda desperate and funny to the rest of us.
    Take a look at how many responses this topic has generated. It's cultural confusion in here! There are complex justifications as far as the eye can see. Doesn't that tell you something? C'mon, England! Take off the Union Jack safety helmet and get in the game!
    Love and respect.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Sticking with the direction this thread is going, I believe each household should be able to enter the Olympics as a separate entity.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    Sigh, it's also a fact that Britain is a predominately white Christian country, 64.4% of babies born in 2005 were classed as white British, so the other 35.6% weren't. The second most popular babies name is mohammed, Britain is on it's way to becoming a muslim country, which I personally think is disgusting, If you come to live in Britain you should have to embrace the British way of life.
    If 65% of babies are white British, how do you equate that to Britian becoming a Muslim country?
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    That's a stupid idea!
    Political devolution itself is also stupid.
    I just got a neg for a post i made 4 years ago!

Reply

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.