The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The next UCL/UoL open day (2008 autumn?)

I'm looking into applying for Economics (L100) at UCL and would like to go to the next open day.

As far as I can see, UCL's next open day will be on the 2nd July 2009 and UCL will be taking part in the University of London open days on the 16th and 17th of September.

Is there not one closer for UCL? :frown: (I just want to check there definitely isn't one in the autumn, like at most unis)

Another question: would the general University of London September one be worthwhile? It's just that I live in Newcastle and it's a bit of a hassle (and costly) to go down if it wont give me a good look into UCL.

Any help much appreciated. :yy:
Reply 1
UCL only started having a general open day in 2007! Personally, I'd just apply anyway and have a look around on your interview day. I doubt there'll be much of an economics presence at the UoL open day but if there is then it might be worth visiting. You could always ask any questions here though, there's plenty of economists around.

As for the uni itself, there's not all that much to see - it's just a nice set of lecture theatres, libraries and what. And best of all, it's in London.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
sierraleone
UCL only started having a general open day in 2007! Personally, I'd just apply anyway and have a look around on your interview day. I doubt there'll be much of an economics presence at the UoL open day but if there is then it might be worth visiting. You could always ask any questions here though, there's plenty of economists around.

As for the uni itself, there's not all that much to see - it's just a nice set of lecture theatres, libraries and what. And best of all, it's in London.

Thanks, don't you have to attend an open day/visit before you accept the offer? (given you get one of course) :o:
I've heard that for economics they don't interview much, only in certain cases. :confused:
You don't need to wait for an open day! As far as I can remember, UCL's pretty open to prospective students. They let me wander around the law faculty before I went there officially.
Reply 4
Electric_Dreams
Thanks, don't you have to attend an open day/visit before you accept the offer? (given you get one of course) :o:
I've heard that for economics they don't interview much, only in certain cases. :confused:

I'm not too hot on the ins and outs of the economics department but if they don't interview, they probably have some sort of day where you'll get to see the uni and presumably an offer if you come along then. And you still have six choices on your UCAS these days right? I don't think it's a waste putting UCL down if you later decided that it's not for you having looked around.

As onearmedbandit mentioned, you can walk around uni (if you really feel like it, pick up a self-guided tour leaflet from the Study Information Centre at UCL) but I just don't think it's that exciting. What I've seen of Drayton House (home to the econ department) has been pretty much what any uni building is like anywhere.

Anyways, good luck and I hope you definately apply to UCL!
sierraleone
I'm not too hot on the ins and outs of the economics department but if they don't interview, they probably have some sort of day where you'll get to see the uni and presumably an offer if you come along then. And you still have six choices on your UCAS these days right? I don't think it's a waste putting UCL down if you later decided that it's not for you having looked around.

As onearmedbandit mentioned, you can walk around uni (if you really feel like it, pick up a self-guided tour leaflet from the Study Information Centre at UCL) but I just don't think it's that exciting. What I've seen of Drayton House (home to the econ department) has been pretty much what any uni building is like anywhere.

Anyways, good luck and I hope you definately apply to UCL!

Thankyou. :^_^:
I'm pretty certain you have to attend something... I'll have a look into it, and yeh, I may also have my own little wander. However, you only get 5 choices now! Even so I think I'm going to apply. :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending