The Student Room Group

Official Thread for Those with Afro-Hair Only - Ladies and Gents . .

Scroll to see replies

Hiya, does anyone have any good hairstyles for short natural 4b/c hair?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joy2013
Hiya, does anyone have any good hairstyles for short natural 4b/c hair?

Posted from TSR Mobile

roughly how short?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinksugar
roughly how short?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like TWA short, it's grown to neck level. I big chopped July 2013 so I have almost been a year natural.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joy2013
Like TWA short, it's grown to neck level. I big chopped July 2013 so I have almost been a year natural.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm other than twists or knot/braid outs I'm not too sure, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all!

Does anyone wear Senegalese twists? I plan to get some soon but I also plan to be swimming a lot and I'm worried they'll frizz up soon while I wear them. I think their gorge, I'm mostly natural now and will pick Marley hair to braid with.

What are your experience with Havana/Senegalese twists and does anyone do their own?

Love these tutorials.

[video="youtube;zF6L0zt1Owc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF6L0zt1Owc[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;QzMlHmqs8Ag"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMlHmqs8Ag[/video]
I do, and I love them! Just make sure you keep up your haircare regimen and don't leave them in too long and they'll be fine.

Oh, and make sure to apply shea butter (or any thick oil/butter) to your hair to protect it from chlorine before you go swimming. :smile:
Original post by TheDaylighter
I do, and I love them! Just make sure you keep up your haircare regimen and don't leave them in too long and they'll be fine.

Oh, and make sure to apply shea butter (or any thick oil/butter) to your hair to protect it from chlorine before you go swimming. :smile:

Thank you.

I plan to keep the twists for 2 months tops and I have a small pot of shea butter. I don't know how to implement it into my regimen especially because I hate using much product at all, natural or not. I can't live without conditioner and oil (castor, coconut, jojoba).
Original post by black_vine
Thank you.

I plan to keep the twists for 2 months tops and I have a small pot of shea butter. I don't know how to implement it into my regimen especially because I hate using much product at all, natural or not. I can't live without conditioner and oil (castor, coconut, jojoba).

Haha, I'm the opposite. I use waaay too much product and I have to force myself not to take huge scoops out of my tub of leave-in!
I heat up my shea butter and mix it with coconut oil and use it on my ends in the winter.

Quick Reply

Latest