The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

maze.e
Why didnt he just quit and re-apply the year after?
Because he was rejected on the grounds that he had this spent conviction on his CRB... he'd have just had the same problem the next year.
Reply 221
jjkkll
THE GUY LIED ON HIS APPLICATION, and got rejected then CRYED to the MEDIA and has now been accepted for the year he originally applied for.

Hes is not like any other applicant!!

He did not lie on his application. He revealed his conviction before the CRB check.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7548832.stm
Reply 222
rlw31
He did not lie on his application. He revealed his conviction before the CRB check.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7548832.stm

we got that bit now!!

still my other point still stands!!

this topic should die now
Reply 223
jjkkll
oh LOL

when you quoted if youd have put christ sake in bold id have got it

lol

Ah, yes, I rather see what you mean. Hilarious.

(Though, on reflection, it probably would've been either way.)
Reply 224
Soapy
So, how many applicants without criminal convictions, spent or otherwise, who have perfectly good applications yet still get denied entry into medical school, appeal succsessfully and receive an offer, few to nil I bet, so as some others have said, is his acceptance not partly to do with the media?

It is now overwhelmingly apparent to me that this individual, having anticipated the near-certainty of a rejection from medical-school, perpetrated the offence solely in order to provide himself with a sympathy-based trump-card come application time; all of which making him perhaps the most nefarious criminal mastermind since Moriarty.
He should move on change course, learn from his mistake.
"Well I hope he really is a new person now. Plus, no suprises that a pakistani was a burglar in England. All they do is cause crime (the bulk of them)."

yeah and you would know the entire pakistani population wouldnt you?
Dont generalise and stereotype!
Funny isnt it how theres loads of white criminals etc, but you only realise the "bulk" of pakistani burgulars becuase they stand out becuase of their colour!
what difference does ethnicity make to it? you get criminals of every ethnicity!!!!!!!!!

i am just being fair and making you see how your argument is very narrow minded and is a huge generalisation.
Reply 227
Danielisew
Well I hope he really is a new person now. Plus, no suprises that a pakistani was a burglar in England. All they do is cause crime (the bulk of them).

Any statistics to back up that claim, or are you just an average BNP dick who knows nothing?
Reply 228
This topic contains a lot of vaguely racist posts. I've also noticed a recurring theme in said posts is to generally ignore most of the information about this case instead the writers seem to be leaping at any opportunity to portray this as another case of 'the race card' and apparent 'political correctness' in the media.
Grow up, read the info. This guy's situation had nothing to do with race and everything to do with his spent conviction. Also considering the percentage of med school applicants who are minorities (large) I doubt there's any affirmative action involved in medicine admissions.
Reply 229
Anyone can make mistakes and it is not as if he had a long string of burglaries or killed anyone, so good for him for gaining that place.

Could someone explain why Imperial removed his offer because I thought on ucas/crb you only had to disclose unspent convictions. But I do wonder why Manchester decided to give him an offer because they did reject him twice beforehand.
Reply 230
frodo21
Anyone can make mistakes and it is not as if he had a long string of burglaries or killed anyone, so good for him for gaining that place.

Could someone explain why Imperial removed his offer because I thought on ucas/crb you only had to disclose unspent convictions. But I do wonder why Manchester decided to give him an offer because they did reject him twice beforehand.

For applications to do medicine your supposed to diclose all convictions, regardless of whether or not they're spent. The guy in question contacted UCAS and they wrongly advised him that it was not necessary for him to diclose his conviction, as it was spent. He later found out that that wasn't the case, so he sent a letter to each of the universities that he had applied to, to inform them of his conviction.

Latest

Trending

Trending