The Student Room Group

Pill brands

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I take Cerazette (not mentioned here) but you cant just ask for it i dont think , i got referred to aa gnaecologist and he gave me that and it stops your periods i have no side effects so im happy :]
I started on mycrogynon. It was awful. I wa sso depressed with huge mood swings and my boyfriend just didn't know what to do! I'm now on loestrin 30and it is perfect for me. No bad side effects whatsoever :smile:
Cerzette, or something
Anonymous
Marvelon hasn't given me any side effects except perhaps slightly bigger boobs?

Never noticed any hormonal changes, and neither has my boyfriend :smile:

I've got to post as anonymous because my parents know my username and not that I'm on the pill, but if you want to know anything else abut Marvelon just reply here and I'll message you! :smile:

hello.
im going on marvelon next week, and i was on alesse before. Alesse made me gain about 15 pounds and not in my boobs, so it kinda sucked. I was just wondering if marvelon made your boobs grow or if you gained any weight at all? and were your periods lighter? I've read some horror stories about marvelon and I'm quite scared to go on it.
Reply 64
I'm on Yasmin and no nasty side effects other than my boobs going up a cup size (how awful)...I sometimes feel a bit nauseuous but not to the point where it affects my life.

All my friends say similar things but I believe you might have to argue with your doctor a bit-they are often reluctant to put people on it because it's expensive (although you may be lucky and get a nice doctor like I did).

I heard Marvelon was good but I guess not!
Reply 65
femodene is good, nobody mentioned it yet

microgynon is AWFUL made me so spotty its untrue
Original post by Dreamlife
I've been on microgynon for a while now, and i have had side effects. I've not really noticed until now but I've recently been very snappy and always loosing my temper which I never used to do, I've also been quite depressed recently, which has interfered with my day to day life. Also just to top it all off I put on loads of weight! My hips are currently the size of a dinosaur... Which probably added to my depression because I'm in that time in my life where body image means quite a lot (stupid I know). Although today I went to the doctors and she has put me on ovysmen, although I don't take it for 21 days then break for 7, she's told me to take it for 9 weeks then break then repeat... So all in all I only have 4 periods a year. I've not started this yet but has anyone and if so is it okay? I'm not too bothered about the contraception side of it, I only take the pill because of very bad period pain.
Thankyou(:

Hey, Ive just been put on Ovysmen, and I'm on my 2nd day. Ive struggled to find the right pill after on and off other pills so hopefully this works well for me. Would love to hear how this turns out for you
I was on microgynon 30 and fell pregnant on that and ever since I've been on Cerazette (the last 4 years) and never had any problems with it all other than irregular bleeding. That can take a bit of getting used to but with microgynon, other than the fact it failed, I had constant PMS symptoms, I was spotty and I also had migraines so would have had to have switched to a mini pill anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
I was on Microgynon 30 for about 2/3 years, it made me really REALLY depressed and suicidal and just flipped out my whole mental state, and i didnt even realise it was the pill doing it until I changed.
Im now on Mercilon, have been for 5 months but ive been having horrible migraines and headaches almost every day for about a month now so Im going to change again in case its due to the pill.

Has anyone else had headache issues with Mercilon?
and does anyonw know of any progestorone-only pills that are good for acne and mood? (doctor says POPs may be best)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending