The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm waiting for the AHRC! I'm RPM panel 3 I believe. With the reduced number of applicants this year I thought results might be a little speedier but apparently not! :p: I'm lucky that my masters doesn't absolutely ride on getting an award -would make my life significantly easier though and I'm still in a panic about it! I've been anxiously reading three different forum discussions to see when results are coming out but I didn't think there were anyone on here. I hope you get good news soon :smile:
Reply 2
you've still not heard? Blimey, you must be going insane *crosses fingers*
Well I was already insane :p: But this waiting is enhancing the condition
Reply 4
Milady de Winter
Well I was already insane :p: But this waiting is enhancing the condition

I know but didn't want to highlight that part :p: :p:
Reply 5
I'm also still waiting for AHRC results. Unfortunately, if I don't get funding I won't be able to do my MA, and will have to rethink my potential career in academia. Considering becoming a secondary English teacher if I don't make it as a lecturer.

I'm RPM Panel 3, by the way. Good luck everyone. Hopefully next year might be less stressful as the univ departments themselves will decide who gets the funding, won't they?
Reply 6
yes- still waiting for decision on PhD funding - hate it!
I'm waiting too - good luck guys!
Keep us all up to date - post on the thread as and when you hear from the evil/lovely* people at the AHRC.

Because it's good to live vicariously through others :eek:

*depends on whether or not I get my money!
Reply 9
I've got two friends who were waiting for it and received rejections yesterday, so your competition has just been reduced by two :smile: One of them said the ahrc only gave out 1,000 offers last year - is that true?
rottcodd
I've got two friends who were waiting for it and received rejections yesterday, so your competition has just been reduced by two :smile: One of them said the ahrc only gave out 1,000 offers last year - is that true?

I think it was 1500, out of about 6000 applicants (for doctoral funding - don't know about MAs). This year there are only 1000 places, but the number of applicants has been cut to about 3000 by the quota system. So technically the odds have actually improved slightly... I think?
Reply 11
Milady de Winter
I think it was 1500, out of about 6000 applicants (for doctoral funding - don't know about MAs). This year there are only 1000 places, but the number of applicants has been cut to about 3000 by the quota system. So technically the odds have actually improved slightly... I think?

Wow, that's much better odds than I thought. Good luck with it, hope you get it :smile:
Well I've heard and am finally put of my misery - the man from the ahrc he says 'yes' so it's complete the MA then onto the PhD - good luck to the rest of you!
ancientone
Well I've heard and am finally put of my misery - the man from the ahrc he says 'yes' so it's complete the MA then onto the PhD - good luck to the rest of you!

congrats :biggrin:
ancientone

Congratulations! It's great to hear good news, makes me more optimistic :smile:
many thanks people - just got back from the pub! thought I was happy but my supervisor was whooping around her front room when she rang me!

Good luck guys!
Reply 16
Congratulations ancientone :smile: I'm waiting to hear too. In fact, hearing from my university would be nice too
Well done, ancient one (hey, that rhymes!) :biggrin:

The waiting continues for many of us... nibbling on our fingers...
Reply 18
It appears I spoke too soon. My rejection letter arrived in the post today :frown: Now to work out if I can actually still manage to go...
Ygraine
It appears I spoke too soon. My rejection letter arrived in the post today :frown: Now to work out if I can actually still manage to go...

That's rubbish for you - sorry Ygraine :frown:

Hope you manage to find some other form of funding. I think I have some links to various other bursaries and the like, I'll PM them to you if I can find them.

Latest

Trending

Trending