The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not on TSR, but I was doing my elective with a HYMS student :p:
Reply 2
Oh? What is this person's name? :biggrin: I might know him/her lol.

I feel like HYMS is being under-represented on TSR :hmmm:. What's up with that? lol
I was just thinking I'd seen someone around. Turns out it was you anyway. I've never even heard of it :|
Reply 4
A Stranger in Moscow
I was just thinking I'd seen someone around. Turns out it was you anyway. I've never even heard of it :|
Hahahah, you'd seen me around? Fair enough! I'm always surprised at how many people actually READ my signature/profile... I always just assume that no one's that bothered lol (I say this, because how else would know I was at HYMS?).

You've never heard of Hull York Medical School!? Well, I don't blame you... it only opened in 2003 lol - it's a new 'un. Where do you study? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Demon_AS
Oh? What is this person's name? :biggrin: I might know him/her lol.

I feel like HYMS is being under-represented on TSR :hmmm:. What's up with that? lol

Fairly unlikely - he was at the end of 5th year, doing an intercalated year in international health before his final year, so quite a way ahead of you!
Helenia
Fairly unlikely - he was at the end of 5th year, doing an intercalated year in international health before his final year, so quite a way ahead of you!

Where did you do your elective?

:smile:
Demon_AS
Hahahah, you'd seen me around? Fair enough! I'm always surprised at how many people actually READ my signature/profile... I always just assume that no one's that bothered lol (I say this, because how else would know I was at HYMS?).

You've never heard of Hull York Medical School!? Well, I don't blame you... it only opened in 2003 lol - it's a new 'un. Where do you study? :biggrin:

I don't...yet!
I've only just finished my A Levels.

And as much as people complain, I love reading people's "results" signatures!
Reply 8
A Stranger in Moscow
I don't...yet!
I've only just finished my A Levels.

And as much as people complain, I love reading people's "results" signatures!
Sorry, you don't yet...what?

Where are you thinking of applying? :smile:

And fair enough! I guess I put it there for a reason. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Helenia
You never know :wink:. I knew a handful of 5th years, last year! :biggrin:

Where did you do your elective? :smile:
Demon_AS
Sorry, you don't yet...what?

Where are you thinking of applying? :smile:

And fair enough! I guess I put it there for a reason. :biggrin:

I don't yet study, I mean.
Well I've a place at Exeter, but if I get the results I want, UCL, York, Kings, Bristol and somewhere else. If I don't, then I'll hopefully have done well enough to still apply to Bristol, Durham (only BBB for the course I want to do :|), Sussex, UEA...

Out of interest, when do you get to specialize?
Reply 11
A Stranger in Moscow
I don't yet study, I mean.
Well I've a place at Exeter, but if I get the results I want, UCL, York, Kings, Bristol and somewhere else. If I don't, then I'll hopefully have done well enough to still apply to Bristol, Durham (only BBB for the course I want to do :|), Sussex, UEA...

Out of interest, when do you get to specialize?
Judging by the number of universities you've mentioned, I'm guessing you're not applying for medicine? Or not just medicine, anyway? I see York is on your list, is this a good sign for HYMS? :hubba:
Demon_AS
Judging by the number of universities you've mentioned, I'm guessing you're not applying for medicine? Or not just medicine, anyway? I see York is on your list, is this a good sign for HYMS? :hubba:

No, I'm not applying for medicine...!
I don't even know why I'm in this forum! I might just about scrape medicine with a clinical neuroscience course, but yeah...
Reply 13
A Stranger in Moscow
No, I'm not applying for medicine...!
I don't even know why I'm in this forum! I might just about scrape medicine with a clinical neuroscience course, but yeah...
Lol, fair enough. Neuroscience is cool, though :yes:. Complicated stuff, though! :eek3:
Demon_AS
Lol, fair enough. Neuroscience is cool, though :yes:. Complicated stuff, though! :eek3:

Yep! Well, not as complicated as medicine, it's only one organ :wink:
Reply 15
A Stranger in Moscow
Yep! Well, not as complicated as medicine, it's only one organ :wink:
Hah, I'm not so sure about that, you know. We've only done basic neuroanatomy and physiology - but take it from me, even that was complicated as hell! Probably the hardest organ to understand in depth :wink:.
The guy Icarus is going to HYMS but thats all i'm afraid. Oh, I got an offer from there and nearly went if that helps?? :smile:

No?? Thought not :frown:
Reply 17
Haha, there's another HYMS student around? Good to know lol, I'll look for him. If he's a Yorkie, he'd be able to help me with the wiki page.

Warwick, huh? How's that working out for you? :biggrin:
Reply 18
Demon_AS
You never know :wink:. I knew a handful of 5th years, last year! :biggrin:

Where did you do your elective? :smile:

Swaziland. I'll be posting a blog and some pics at some point.
Reply 19
Helenia
Swaziland. I'll be posting a blog and some pics at some point.
Ooh, that sounds cool! Keep me posted when it comes :biggrin:.

Latest

Trending

Trending