The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ed. is right - for French, I know they give out some BBB offers. Everyone hates modern languages!!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
bkcr20
Ed. is right - for French, I know they give out some BBB offers. Everyone hates modern languages!!

I deleted it because that wasn't what she was asking :o: She was thinking what happens if I cock up and don't meet the AAA offer.
Reply 3
Ed.
I deleted it because that wasn't what she was asking :o: She was thinking what happens if I cock up and don't meet the AAA offer.

Oh, right-ho, I clearly misunderstood too then!! Why are there so many threads like this?! Can't people just wait another 3 days then find out for themselves?!
Reply 4
bkcr20

I don't :biggrin:
A bit of a shame everyone seems to hate them, they're incredibly useful and interesting imo (well at least the history/civilisation/literature/politic/cultural side, but maybe that's only me ?)
Reply 5
Anatheme
I don't :biggrin:
A bit of a shame everyone seems to hate them, they're incredibly useful and interesting imo (well at least the history/civilisation/literature/politic/cultural side, but maybe that's only me ?)

I'm an unconditional for UCL French, so I don't either :biggrin: It's sad that there are so few applicants that even somewhere like UCL has to make BBB offers....
Reply 6
Ed.

haha lol xxx
Reply 7
bkcr20
Oh, right-ho, I clearly misunderstood too then!! Why are there so many threads like this?! Can't people just wait another 3 days then find out for themselves?!

sorry =( ......yeah but its sooo annoying!
xxxx
Reply 8
bkcr20
I'm an unconditional for UCL French, so I don't either :biggrin: It's sad that there are so few applicants that even somewhere like UCL has to make BBB offers....

Yeah agreed, lol, I was astonished by the difference in my offers, lol, Leeds asked for something like AAB (well it was 14/20 for me) and Exeter asked for BCC (11/20), lol. But well, it's just easier for us to meet requirements :biggrin:
Reply 9
Anatheme
Yeah agreed, lol, I was astonished by the difference in my offers, lol, Leeds asked for something like AAB (well it was 14/20 for me) and Exeter asked for BCC (11/20), lol. But well, it's just easier for us to meet requirements :biggrin:

It's ridiculous - last year I had to get ABB to do American Studies at Sussex and UCL offers BBB for a properly useful subject like French!! And yes indeed, it'd definitely to your advantage!! Not to mine, though. I already had my grades so applying this year was actually enjoyable rather than nerve-wracking :biggrin:
I think Chemistry lets you in with relatively lower grades compared to other departments, since there has been a decline in applicants in recent years for Chemistry... I know people who do it who got grades like ABC, and I think BBC...
Reply 11
OP I know a girl who is a 3rd year biology undergrad who got in with ABC
Reply 12
It's easy
Easy as 1, 2, 3 !
Sorry ! :ninja:
Reply 13
tetedupet
I think Chemistry lets you in with relatively lower grades compared to other departments, since there has been a decline in applicants in recent years for Chemistry... I know people who do it who got grades like ABC, and I think BBC...

Really really hope that can be done, ive majorly messed up this year, :frown:, oh gosh.

:frown:
I got BBB for medicine, but only a few of those are given out every year.
Reply 15
ABB for Politics and East European Studies.
this PHD student who showed us round on interview day got BCC i think.
my offer is ABB for biochemistry, but what if i miss the A, will i have no chance of getting in anyway?
a girl i know got an offer of BBB
Reply 19
I got an offer of BBB and I do know someone who is doing Medicinal Chemistry who got an offer of BBC! But then again, he was amazing! Being on the Hong kong chemistry team blah blah, :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending