The Student Room Group

Can't people apply to both Cambridge and Oxford by..

by making 2 separate UCAS accounts? like for people applying as an individual(internationals) for example. How would UCAS find out? If you had two different home addresses or something. Do they go through files and look for accounts that are similar? It came up in my head while I made 2 accounts by mistake(I thought I didn't register for 2009 one)

Maybe I'm totally clueless; it's just something I was wondering.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Thought Police would catch you. (Oxbridge do have Thought Police :yes:)
Reply 2
Well it would look a bit dodgy coz your name and all your other personal info would be the same :s
Reply 3
You could try it, but it's risky. I don't like to even think about the sodomising you'd get if they caught you. Christ, it gives me the shivers.
Aconite
You could try it, but it's risky. I don't like to even think about the sodomising you'd get if they caught you. Christ, it gives me the shivers.

Surely you'd get twice the buggering anyway if you apply to both?
It's not really worth it. If you get caught you could end up going to neither
Even if both accept you, you will need to make that decision. May as well make it now
Surely if Oxford and Cambridge made their application processes the same then ucas wouldn't have to class them as extra paperwork etc and people could apply to both.
Reply 8
Audrey Hepburn
Surely you'd get twice the buggering anyway if you apply to both?

Yes, but...

Well, I don't even know if I should be talking about this, really.

Oh, go on, then:

If they catch you applying to both, they, erm, they, ahaha, well, forks are involved.

That is why organ scholars get extra privileges - on account of the extra suffering.
Assuming that UCAS are so deluded that they think two applications are just from two peculiarly alike twins, or simply can't work their system, you will run into problems with the PS, which gets plagiarism-checked.
Aconite
Yes, but...

Well, I don't even know if I should be talking about this, really.

Oh, go on, then:

If they catch you applying to both, they, erm, they, ahaha, well, forks are involved.

That is why organ scholars get extra privileges - on account of the extra suffering.

:eek:

I was considering applying to both for postgraduate studies - now I think I'll stick with Hull :no:
Reply 11
Dear god, why would you even want to do that?
Reply 12
Can't you apply for the Cambridge Organ scholarship? :smile:
Go down to your local church and learn a few tunes.
Do they have rules against piss-poor candidates applying?
Nope, I went and tickled the ivories for a few weeks
You would need your referee to go along with it if they were to write your references on two seperate accounts. I think UCAS probalby have ways of checking for this kind of thing(same names with identical results in gcses etc probably flag up the system).
Reply 15
Very stupid idea.
Reply 16
Callipygian
Even if both accept you, you will need to make that decision. May as well make it now

:ditto: What others have said too, i.e. UCAS aren't stupid, and what's the point anyway. I'm guessing you're just asking hypothetically, anyway. The courses at Oxford and Cambridge are quite different anyway for most subjects, so even though you can't apply for both, you tend to find you prefer one over the other due to the course (if you can't differentiate them to your liking by any other means - place etc.).
Reply 17
Callipygian

No, the point of applying to both is to give you another crack at getting an Oxbridge offer should you screw up at the first attempt. Regarding what someone said about noticing the same PS, the OP could simply submit two different ones.

The problem with this idea is that you'll need to be at two different schools for this to work- otherwise it would easily be spotted (probably by your own school) that there are 2 identical accounts from the same school.
Reply 18
But as I stated in my previous post can't you apply legitimately to the two universities in the same year,if you apply for an Organ scholarship?
Reply 19
Well yes... but would you want to go into an organ scholarship audition where the minimum standard is meant to be grade 8, and then conduct a choir and make a complete ass of yourself just for the sake of a second go?

Latest