The Student Room Group

How long do GHDs last?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mine have lasted 2 1/2 years so far, but last week they made a funny noise and wouldn't turn on.
However, my dad re-wired them and put a new plug on them and they're fine now.... so try doing that before you fork out for a new pair!
mine have lasted 3 years :smile: still going good
Reply 22
GHD's are not only amazing but their customer service is too. I had mine for 2 years and then they broke (can't remember why) so my flatmate who had this happen before wrote them a letter along with my GHD's and a week later they sent me a brand new pair despite the fact that mine were the old model and that I'd registered them on their website 2 years previous.

I have heard that the Corioliss ones are supposed to be better than GHD's but have never used them as I'm more than happy with my GHD's.
My girlfriend has had hers for nearly 2 years and they still work fine. She uses them nearly every day.

I offered to get her the new white ones, but she wasn't interested. lol.

I'd say stuff like GHD's will last 2-3 years.
cascadingstylez
My girlfriend has had hers for nearly 2 years and they still work fine. She uses them nearly every day.

I offered to get her the new white ones, but she wasn't interested. lol.

I'd say stuff like GHD's will last 2-3 years.

you can buy me the new white ones :yep:

the white ones are really nice. i may just purchase them anyways and keep my current ones for spare just in case.
Reply 25
Mine have lasted 4 and a bit years now and are still going strong. I definitely don't use them every day though, maybe a few times a week and then not at all for ages.
Reply 26
My old ones lasted at least 3 years, then the plate fell off and I wanted a new pair anyway. Just bought the shiny black ones from the "pure or dark" editions. Actually love them. Recommend GHDs completely.
Reply 27
I've had mine now for 7 years. They still work just as well as the day I got them :smile: I use them every single day on my long hair and still they work! I think I've just been very lucky or extremely careful. One thing I will add is I always wrap them up and pack them into their holder after every use when cool. I think if they're left out a lot they're much more prone to being dropped and bashed. Hope this helps!
13 attoseconds.

Quick Reply

Latest