The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Elipsis
Ah right, that's what happened to me as it goes. Trust me you want that 4th grade for your ucas form, it makes a lot of difference even if it's in a nothing; as long as it's not CT or General Studies that is. Looking at what you're studying at the moment business or comms would be a cinch. What did you want to do after uni? Nobody told me this but maths at a-level is very helpful when applying to uni's for even written courses.

i don't know what i want to do after uni but i want to study Geography in Uni. & I am the worst at math. Me and numbers don't go!
Reply 21
London271
i don't know what i want to do after uni but i want to study Geography in Uni. & I am the worst at math. Me and numbers don't go!

Even a C would really help though, especially for a finance career after uni. If not maths make sure you go for a piss easy A, you might as well lap up the free ucas points while their giving them away.
Sociology
Business Studies
R.S.
theatre studies. piece of piss. seriously:smile:
i was on a B before i even sat my A2 exam.

just learn a few theories, watch a few plays and do a couple of good portfolios. done.
Media, Business, ICT, i did them 3, got ABC, easyyy
Reply 25
English Literature. (Snigger.)
ICT, Media, Sport studies. :cool:
Reply 27
x.beth.x
Critical thinking?

Take Biology if you think you would enjoy it. There is no such thing as an easy AS level that requires no work. Only subjects that you like so are willing to put the work in and hence find easier to get a good grade.

ok i know you don't have any homework really for critical thinking, but the exam is difficult and it is one of the hardest as levels to get an A in, apart from human biology, which is insanely difficult.
Geography.

I think they let you sharpen your own colouring pencils at A-Level :p:
Reply 29
History, except for source work.
Reply 30
AS History easy? What planet are you on?

Communication Studies, Business Studies or generally anything with 'Studies' in the name is a good indicator that it is a doss.

I have to add my vote to the fact that Critial Thinking is far harder than you would think to get a good grade in.
xxstace123xx
ICT, Media, Sport studies. :cool:

I don't think having to do 100 pages of coursework qualifies as a subject that has little work.

ICT is blacklisted, but that doesn't mean that it isn't time consuming.
Original post by &#946
I don't think having to do 100 pages of coursework qualifies as a subject that has little work.

Yes I totally agree! I actually enjoyed doing the coursework though lol :o:
Original post by &#946

Well A level ict at my school is the same as the GCSE course which is piss easy.
:cool: :smile:
xxstace123xx
Well A level ict at my school is the same as the GCSE course which is piss easy.
:cool: :smile:

You haven't even started AS yet think you are qualified to say that ICT A-level is easy? :rolleyes:
Original post by &#946
You haven't even started AS yet think you are qualified to say that ICT A-level is easy? :rolleyes:

Bcos it is exactly the same as the GCSE at my school. I dunno about yours, but at mine they teach the same course. Even my teacher uses the sixth forms work as examples of what we have to do.
Reply 36
I did English Language as a random 4th AS level, then ended up taking it to A2 and although I worked for the AS I did absolutely nout for the A2 and blagged myself an A woooooo!! x
xxstace123xx
Bcos it is exactly the same as the GCSE at my school. I dunno about yours, but at mine they teach the same course. Even my teacher uses the sixth forms work as examples of what we have to do.

Your school uses A-level work for examples, therefore the entire A-level is exactly the same as GCSE? Sure, you keep thinking that.
Original post by &#946
Your school uses A-level work for examples, therefore the entire A-level is exactly the same as GCSE? Sure, you keep thinking that.

At ICT yes it is. Because it is a BTEC which you can take at GCSE or A level :p:
I'm glad sociology and psychology haven't been mentioned all that much. Both those subjects have massive amounts of information to memorize and both are essay based, so they're not really ideal in this situation.
Media is really easy, that's true.

Latest