The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just posting this thread cos its the first poll ive evr done and wanted to know if current students like the place. Reasons for thier vote and welcomed
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
but it could be improved by the shooting of steve.

btw, its not just the uni thats amazing, its exeter itself.....

love Katy***
Exeter itself is kinda dull. Saying that though, I have spent most of my life in London. It will be lovely in summer: Dartmoor, the coast and Cornwall all within reach. God, I hate winter :frown:
Reply 4
u spend ur time in london and hate exeter????

i cant wait to get the hell out of london!!! thats the whole point of me shippin out
Yeah, but there is much less to do in a small 'city' in Devon. Feels more like a town.
Reply 6
But there's much less to do in London! I can walk to the beach in a few minutes and be in the countryside in no time! London is smelly and enclosed :biggrin:
Oh no, what's outside of Exeter is fantastic, I'm just saying the town itself isn't that interesting.
Reply 8
blissy
But there's much less to do in London! I can walk to the beach in a few minutes and be in the countryside in no time! London is smelly and enclosed :biggrin:

:eek: how can you say that?! I love London, it's so cool. There's loads of stuff to do! More than Exeter I would think. A beach would be pretty cool though :biggrin:
so what exactly is there in london to do.....?

went last week and did exactly the same as i would have done in exeter...and am off again on saturday...and will probably do exactly the same as i would in exeter?

love Katy***
Hell, loads. Art galleries, great gig venues, museums and more variety of shops (not just expensive ones).......so much. But comparing Exeter and London is not fair really.
Reply 11
Evil Muffin
Hell, loads. Art galleries, great gig venues, museums and more variety of shops (not just expensive ones).......so much.

Exactly! But I think it's mainly the atmosphere and the fact that 'I'm in London' that I enjoy more than the actual stuff there is to do. I like the fact that you can just hop on a tube and basically be anywhere in a few minutes. I like walking around Leicsester (sp) square at night, I like the massive top shop, I like the fact that it is so busy and that you can walk about two minutes and find a pizza hut! I think I'm just more of a city person. I might feel different if I actually lived IN London, I don't know. But every time I go there I wish I applied to a London uni!
Reply 12
If you want to know what Exeter is like go to INFERNOS in Clapham....

Same people, same attitude, same music!....

I love it, but for sure its not everyone....
Reply 13
Actually I should also have said:

I love it so much I would bolt for it! Which is why I will be running for guild president next year..... :wink:
whoooooooooooooooo!!!

i'll make everyone vote for you!!

ps. dont be as much of a *beep* as the previous two. i didnt think i could hate anyone more than bam bam, but well, whatshisface has proved me wrong!

love Katy***
Reply 15
ickle_katy
whoooooooooooooooo!!!

i'll make everyone vote for you!!

ps. dont be as much of a *beep* as the previous two. i didnt think i could hate anyone more than bam bam, but well, whatshisface has proved me wrong!

love Katy***

mr dreamy you mean!?

bambam is an engineer i'm afraid to say...
Reply 16
~Sam~
Exactly! But I think it's mainly the atmosphere and the fact that 'I'm in London' that I enjoy more than the actual stuff there is to do. I like the fact that you can just hop on a tube and basically be anywhere in a few minutes. I like walking around Leicsester (sp) square at night, I like the massive top shop, I like the fact that it is so busy and that you can walk about two minutes and find a pizza hut! I think I'm just more of a city person. I might feel different if I actually lived IN London, I don't know. But every time I go there I wish I applied to a London uni!

i live kind of in London and i always find that friends from outside absolutely love it and think its a really special place while those of us who live there cant wait to get out- too noisy and crowded and the traffic and public transport is too crap to be able to get anywhere in less than an hour! u can also get huge topshops in other towns u know!! hehe...tho that IS a very big perk i spose!! I visited exeter and i swear it had all the same shops as id usually go to in London!
Ollie
mr dreamy you mean!?

bambam is an engineer i'm afraid to say...

my dreamy??? mr "i'll show confidential emails to other people" you mean.

love Katy***
Reply 18
I am planning to be better than the last too....

I am keener on Bam than I am on the most recent guy...at least you saw her out and about.

So guys....what do you want from your university???

Personally I think Exeter needs to discover its backbone again...Exepose has slated sports and initiations this year and its full of bitching and everything needs to pull together and find some university spirit.... The green army will march again....

Oh Exeter, Oh Exeter is wonderful....
Reply 19
The biggest bringing together of people at Exeter came with the protest and the emergency guild meeting. But other than that the place seems to exist and not change. Which I quite like! The problem is always going to be that not everyone wants or likes the same thing.

About London though, I dont live there but I have been there and I hate it. The people there are always rushing around and have no idea of anything that is happening outside the M25. A good example of this the rebuilding of Wembley. It would have been much more sensible to rebuild the ground at the site proposed near Coventry where more people can get there more easily, but no. London is the capital and so everything goes to London. Londoners are only slightly worse than the rest of the south east who dont realise that there is anything north of Watford. I'd hate to live or work anywhere in the south east. And I wouldnt want to visit anything there either!

Latest

Trending

Trending