The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Redemption
York is full of ugly people. So I went to California. Screw you all.

Let me direct you to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=518428.

California :coma:.. are you there already? How is it?
University of York
York
Reply 81
From personal experience the night life is fine. I come from Newcastle so I'm used to going out there and to be honest I don't find it any worse in York. This is probably for the fact that you know so many more people when you head out in York from uni, because there aren't that many clubs.

As for all people being ugly, that is a bunch of ****. In fact, practically every girl I was living with last year in halls was hot. Maybe i just got lucky though...even so there are plenty of attractive people out when you go out. Trust.
If you're worried about the lack of nightlife you can always go to Leeds. Students do that quite a lot.

But if you've got your heart set on big city nightlife then don't fool yourself that York will be satisfying. I love it. I love the nightlife. But then I'm not really one for going out every night and going to massive clubs, one or two trips to leeds a term are enough for me.

You've just got to go where's right for you. It's not that the York nightlife is bad, it just might not suit your personality. (Whereas it suits mine perfectly).
WarmSound
California :coma:.. are you there already? How is it?

Flaweless climate, beautiful women, everythings cheap, got myself a shiny red racing bike - what more could I ask for?
Reply 84
Ah god. How can a thread like this go on for 5 pages?!:biggrin:

What makes anyone conclude that someone less pretty is also less entertaining or nice? Unis in bigger cities might have more pretty ppl just because those who really bother about appearance won't go to a uni in a small town because they're SO concerned that they won't be able to go out clubbing at least 3 times a week. They're just as prejudiced as you all who spend days bothering about whether you will be among beautiful ppl or not.

I'll be proud to go to York uni if people are really not that fixated on exhibitionism and partying. It's not that I'm ugly (as if you could definitely say whether someone's ugly...), it's just that I'm going to uni to STUDY, not to PARTY. (And I work as a makeup artist, btw.)

I'd love to take a look at all those who're so bothered about going to a uni with pretty ppl.
Reply 85
Redemption
Flaweless climate, beautiful women, everythings cheap, got myself a shiny red racing bike - what more could I ask for?

Life doesn't get better. You're living my dream!
Reply 86
Can we stay on topic please :smile:
I went for a PPE open day, and there were about 30 people there, with one okay looking (not stunning) girl. The guys there were also pretty weird looking, but as to their attractiveness i can only make a vague estimate. Around the uni the amount of weird looking people was a bit surprising, but i attribute that to it being a wedenesday afternoon, and all the normal people were off doing activities... At least thats what i hope.
supercoolfred
I went for a PPE open day, and there were about 30 people there, with one okay looking (not stunning) girl. The guys there were also pretty weird looking, but as to their attractiveness i can only make a vague estimate. Around the uni the amount of weird looking people was a bit surprising, but i attribute that to it being a wedenesday afternoon, and all the normal people were off doing activities... At least thats what i hope.

Weird-looking? I hope they don't have 3 eyes, 2 mouths or something like that. Or hair like Medusa.:p:
Reply 89
to answer the ethnic question, i am ethnic and about to start my second year at york. clearly there isn't too many other people of the same ethnicity as i was used to in london, however i found it no problem and found the people here more cultured and welcoming strangely. as for the nightlife, its ok i guess. the quality of girls is terrible tho, going to leeds is like living a page in nuts/zoo magazine in comparison, soooo amazing lol. however ziggys on a weds has its share of slags... all very good i say!
ooo yer, forgot, i'm mixed chinese-english, so theres gonna be one more ethnic person in York! That should skew the statistics.
Reply 91
jokesbre
going to leeds is like living a page in nuts/zoo magazine in comparison, soooo amazing lol.

Who the hell would want to be around girls like that?! I prefer class.
Reply 92
Redemption

Cake. Delicious cake.
Reply 93
Symbea
Who the hell would want to be around girls like that?! I prefer class.

everyone has their own tastes...
MaxB
Cake. Delicious cake.

Berkeley has an ace bakery just up the street. Cake is never more than two minutes away on thelma. (My bike)
Oh my gosh this thread is so sad that I can't even be bothered to read it.

York is quite racist, but obviously if you're white.. you may think otherwise.

And the whole 'ugly people' thing is clearly just a stereotype.

You're not going to university to get AIDS and have sex... you're going their to get your First in your chose subject... Gosh... people are so SAD these days....

Are most people in York losers??? i.e do they all spend time talking about irrelevant issues on the internet????

Did someone seriously make a thread about whether people are ugly???

I'm thinking about accomodation and buying books.. while others are thinking about ugly people in York! hahahaha... some people have no lives.....

And is there anything ELSE to do in York expcept drink???? I mean.. cinemas, ice skating.. I'm moving up from London.. I hope it isn't too dry.

When I went there I saw people playing BINGO...young people.... I thought Bingo was extinct.
TheBestPotenialBarrister

No, TSR randomly generates threads for us every now and then because we're too socially inert to be able to think of anything to talk about :wink:
Reply 97
TheBestPotenialBarrister
Oh my gosh this thread is so sad that I can't even be bothered to read it.

York is quite racist, but obviously if you're white.. you may think otherwise.

And the whole 'ugly people' thing is clearly just a stereotype.

You're not going to university to get AIDS and have sex... you're going their to get your First in your chose subject... Gosh... people are so SAD these days....

Are most people in York losers??? i.e do they all spend time talking about irrelevant issues on the internet????

I'm thinking about accomodation and buying books.. while others are thinking about ugly people in York! hahahaha... some people have no lives.....

And is there anything ELSE to do in York expcept drink???? I mean.. cinemas, ice skating.. I'm moving up from London.. I hope it isn't too dry.

When I went there I saw people playing BINGO...young people.... I thought Bingo was extinct.
Are most people in London judgemental, uptight and ignorant? No, of course not.
Reply 98

As you've just said. You can play bingo.

I don't know what these "cinemas" or "ice skating" that you speak of are. I don't think such cultural revolutions have made it north of the Watford Gap yet.
Reply 99
Cinema? Do you mean the magic lantern? Moving pictures, eh, what next- maybe some sort of flying contraption that enables people to travel through the air. Gadzooks, these modern times!

Latest

Trending

Trending