The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
I heard back mid-December - probably because I applied as soon as UCAS opened. Had a whole summer to complete the app., so it was just a case of entering the details and sending it off.

As for more/less likely, I've no idea, but I'd imagine you'd be benchmarked just the same.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
danfel
I heard back mid-December - probably because I applied as soon as UCAS opened. Had a whole summer to complete the app., so it was just a case of entering the details and sending it off.

As for more/less likely, I've no idea, but I'd imagine you'd be benchmarked just the same.

Thank you for your reply!

So you sent it off at the start of September? When did you do your LNAT, and are you referring to the LNAT when talking about the benchmark?
Reply 3
Cerulean
Thank you for your reply!

So you sent it off at the start of September? When did you do your LNAT, and are you referring to the LNAT when talking about the benchmark?

Actually I think I did the LNAT before I'd even applied because UCAS didn't open until 17 September this year. I have a feeling I registered early for the LNAT and did it on the 15th.

As for benchmarking, no; I think they'll consider you like normal, against the whole body of applicants, both pre- and post-A level. There might be quotas for the number of unconditional/conditional offers made but you'd have to get in touch with the school to find out.

I don't think the LNAT score is a massively deciding factor in most cases. They might use it to determine which of two very similar candidates has the edge if they're really stuck. Have a look at the main law forum on TSR - there's a thread with LNAT scores and offers broken down by uni.

edit: long story short, don't let already having the grades put you off. I didn't think I'd get any offers at all this year because I was a uni dropout and was two years out of the loop. But I ended up with three unconditionals for law (Durham, Notts, King's) so it seems that as long as you're using the time constructively, you'll have just as much chance :smile:

Latest