The Student Room Group
Apparently dry cleaning is good... I hate having blue dye all over my legs :frown:
Reply 2
Before you start wearing them, wash them in hot water. That should get out the dye that would otherwise run. Might make them a teensy bit lighter, but probably better than blue legs.

Lighter jeans do release dye as far as I know (or at least there's still a risk) but less of it.
Reply 3
love2learn
Before you start wearing them, wash them in hot water. That should get out the dye that would otherwise run. Might make them a teensy bit lighter, but probably better than blue legs.

Lighter jeans do release dye as far as I know (or at least there's still a risk) but less of it.

but your washing brand new jeans though lol i would need alot of heart to do
Reply 4
yeah i just think a wash in the washing machine will do the trick
Reply 5
Well you could buy higher quality denim where dyes don't run. Alternatively, a simple fix is to wash your denim inside out, it's what we recommend to all of our customers at Diesel and it really works.

Do not dry clean your denim unless it specifically states that this is alright as leather detailing can become discoloured and damaged during the dry clean process.
Its best to wash ALL jeans inside out, as it makes them less crispy and keeps most of the colour in.
It will prolong the colour, but you should do this every wash you can rather than just occasionally.
If they're new, wash them individually for the first time.

Then the rest of the time wash them inside out.
Usually just putting them through the washing machine will stop the dye running.
mollymustard
Its best to wash ALL jeans inside out, as it makes them less crispy and keeps most of the colour in.
It will prolong the colour, but you should do this every wash you can rather than just occasionally.

This is tru faxs.:yep:

But seriously, it really works.
Reply 10
washing jeans inside out is meant to stop colour running :biggrin:
Reply 11
I currently have blue legs from my jeans in the rain :frown: it sucks. I may go and wash.
Is it just me that's never had jeans run? From £5 Tesco value jeans to (reduced to £7) £40 gap jeans to (donated to me) Pepe and Diesel jeans. None of them have run, ever?
Reply 13
Just wash them inside out as most people have said, heavily dyed jeans will run a lot more than other types and styles and sometimes it can't be helped! With most jeans a little will run if at all i.e in wet weather, but some of the dye will wash out in most cases!
Reply 14
wash them first b4 you wear them
Crosseyed And Painless
Is it just me that's never had jeans run? From £5 Tesco value jeans to (reduced to £7) £40 gap jeans to (donated to me) Pepe and Diesel jeans. None of them have run, ever?

my heans have never run either

Latest