The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter and Exeter Cornwall Campus - What's the difference?

Scroll to see replies

Asteron
That's great thanks, good review!

I suppose the only other question I would ask is how lenient the Cornwall campus is with results? I suppose no student is ever certain of what grades they might come out with in the summer, but some universities are more lenient with accepting for say one grade lower, then others. From your knowledge, would you say the Cornwall campus is quite lenient? I suppose the demand for courses and the amount of people who have firmed the Cornwall campus comes into it aswell.

I think it depends on the course in question. However, I believe the offers made this year for the Cornwall Campus are the highest ever. Also I think clearing is being used less and less for my course (renewable energy) and I think this year they are not expecting to let anyone in with grades less than the offer.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Asteron
Yes, I noticed that offers are very high this year. My course is not in UCAS Extra either, so that's quite worrying, might be over subscribed.

Hopefully i'll just be able to meet the conditions, if not then i'll just pray that they might be lenient!

Well good luck, although i heard that the applications to Exeter as a whole are up by double digit percentages, and it is an even higher increase for the Cornwall Campus. But I think for some subjects they are more lenient than others.
Asteron
Yes, I noticed that offers are very high this year. My course is not in UCAS Extra either, so that's quite worrying, might be over subscribed.

Hopefully i'll just be able to meet the conditions, if not then i'll just pray that they might be lenient!

What was your offer for Law?
Asteron
ABB. Wasn't your offer AAB? I think I did awfully in a January module (which is why I asked about leniency), but I suppose I will have to wait until results day, and resit it in June if I got an awful mark.

I remember you saying that quite a few people from your school applied to Cornwall, have they all made it their firm?

Yes my offer was AAB and I'm the only person in my school firming Cornwall. If you did do awfully in a January module then you can resit and last year it was in Clearing so they may be lenient.
Asteron
How are you feeling on reaching AAB? I have a big feeling that I may miss that A and end up with BBB. I suppose I will have to work my butt off, would be pretty disappointed if I did not get into Cornwall.

Cornwall Law isn't in UCAS Extra, not sure if that has any significance and they've changed the grades on the 'Entry Requirements' part of the Exeter website. Cornwall Law used to be AAB - BBB, now it's AAB - ABB.

I didn't realise that they had changed the entry requirements but they have given a lot of high offers with some being AAA so I guess that makes sense.

I really don't know about getting AAB, I've got no motivation whatsoever so I'm hoping my resit results will motivate me to work harder.

I'm sure you'll be fine if you work hard and you seem motivated since you started that thread about revision. There's still a long time before exams so you have enough time to work hard and hopefully you'll get the results you want. :smile:
Reply 45
Does anyone know when the applications for glasney parc open?
Reply 46
Ive got an unconditional for renewable energy but i havent made it my firm yet..reason being, ive applied for 2 scholarships.. and i thought if i'd already made it my firm it might go against me, as id be going there regardless of if i got the scholarship or not. Probs wont get either but no harm in trying.

Im going to the open day on the 25th April, but i dont know if we need to apply before then... I really dont know when it would be, i want to apply early though cos i dont wanna end up in a shared room.
nik987
Ive got an unconditional for renewable energy but i havent made it my firm yet..reason being, ive applied for 2 scholarships.. and i thought if i'd already made it my firm it might go against me, as id be going there regardless of if i got the scholarship or not. Probs wont get either but no harm in trying.

Im going to the open day on the 25th April, but i dont know if we need to apply before then... I really dont know when it would be, i want to apply early though cos i dont wanna end up in a shared room.

Are you visiting from London because I live near London and I don't know how I'm going to visit.
Asteron
Do you think it would look really bad if I didn't attend the open day, and they would notice this? I've firmed Exeter Cornwall now and I know I want to go there, and the fact that I live 10+ hours away.

It shouldn't look bad since they've already given you your offer.

(I was going to PM you but I forgot, thanks for the rep) :tongue:
Reply 49
No it wont look bad if you've got an offer and u know you want to go whats the point really. Im only really going because my parents havent seen it yet.

what courses are you guys doing?

im only coming from exeter, my parents will drive. if you are coming from london you could get the train to penryn..might take a while though.
I'm hopefully doing a Law course. What are you doing?
Reply 51
Renewable energy
The last I heard was that the details on the accomodation will be sent out via post around mid-March.
Reply 53
I read somewhere you could learn french or german, how do you sign up for this does anyone know?
Reply 54
nik987
I read somewhere you could learn french or german, how do you sign up for this does anyone know?

yeah there are, i dont know the details but i wouldn't worry about it until you get here, all the info is avaliable and emails etc will be sent to you about the classes :smile:
Reply 55
I just wondered if it was something that got booked up quickly, I'll just have to remember to look out for it when i start.
Reply 56
nik987
I just wondered if it was something that got booked up quickly, I'll just have to remember to look out for it when i start.

Nahh im sure there is plenty of space, don't think they would turn people away anyway.

Also any prospective students would be mad to turn down an offer here, its the most amazingly beautiful day ever and yesterday was spent on the beach, as will monday & wednesday i think and beach parties are starting and the atmosphere is just completely lovely around campus atm.
ohh sunny days in Fal :smile:
the pictures of it look nice but is it normally that deserted?lol or is that just the time of day or something =p
Reply 58
tomframpton
the pictures of it look nice but is it normally that deserted?lol or is that just the time of day or something =p

Lol no its rarely deserted, they were prob taken in the holidays!
Reply 59
Is there a decent mix of people then? do the 'crazy arty people' and the exeter uni ppl??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending