The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im not saying or asking anything, whatever i don't say, they can't fault me for, cause i know i'll probably ask a lame question or one which everyone else before me asked anyways.
Reply 2
Question I asked at my Engineering interview last year:

Interview #1:
Having not studied F. Maths at A-Level are there any courses/books you would recommend for my during my gap year?
(I can't remember what the other question I asked was)

Interview #2:
Him: Do you have any questions?
Me: They've allready been answered by Dr. ___ , I asked him about not having done further maths and X. But I don't suppose you know who won the rugby last night? (my interview was the day after the varsity rugby game).

Luckily for me the guy was a bit of a rugby fan :smile:
Reply 3
You can ask them whether it's true or not that Robinson's students have been banned from entering Emma for 400 years (by Emma of course).
Reply 4
To be honest it seems a bit of a silly question really, I mean are they just being polite by asking us if we have any questions, or do they hope to get something out of it?

I wouldn't think of a question in advance unless there were actually something I was desperate to know, which there isn't at the mo...it'd look obvious that I'd just brought along a "pat" question. So unless something crops up which I'm eager to quiz them about, my answer to that question would probably be "no thank you".
Reply 5
Camford
You can ask them whether it's true or not that Robinson's students have been banned from entering Emma for 400 years (by Emma of course).

that's a load of :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:s!
Reply 6
Willa
that's a load of :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:s!

That's why you should ask :wink:. Therefore by doing though, you keep the integrity of the data.
Reply 7
Adhsur
Since this is the only question that is inevitable, might as well make a thread and ask you what you are going to ask them?

umm...in my intervie he asked me 'do u have any queisotns - not that you should"

since my interview was 3 weeks ago i asked 'when will i find out'
Reply 8
The most obvious question we'd all like to ask is probably "Are you going to give me an offer?". I wonder whether anyone has....
Reply 9
At the end of my second interview (after at least two other questions) I asked "So when do I hear the bad news?". Cue excessively long explanation that they hadn't picked people yet and don't know if I'm going to be accepted or not. Completely missed my point of when the letter would arrive!

Jokey questions may not work well :rolleyes:

A.
I want to know how to successfully write little 'ksi' and 'zeta' in Greek, cos it's really annoying me! Although I'll probably feel too stupid by the end of my interviews to ask that :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I didn't ask any, couldn't think of any that would improve their impression of me after making a complete fool out of myself! They did say don't feel you have to though. Although they could just have been saying that..
Reply 12
Camford

Is that actually a Cambridge myth or something? Cos if it is I'll ask that! :biggrin:

I was thinking of asking how likely it would be I would be able to do some language work on the side (I want to brush up my French and learn Swedish and I heard you can learn some languages on the side at Cam) at my general interview since it's with a Spanish fellow.

I did have a question for my subject interview but I've forgotten what it is now....
Acaila
Is that actually a Cambridge myth or something? Cos if it is I'll ask that! :biggrin:

I was thinking of asking how likely it would be I would be able to do some language work on the side (I want to brush up my French and learn Swedish and I heard you can learn some languages on the side at Cam) at my general interview since it's with a Spanish fellow.

I did have a question for my subject interview but I've forgotten what it is now....

Psssst - Robinson college is only a few decades old...
Reply 14
foolfarian
Psssst - Robinson college is only a few decades old...

Er, banned for 400 years from now silly!
Reply 15
I asked my interviewers whether they watched The Simpsons, because one of the maths questions they set reminded me of a maths reference in one episode. Randomness does work sometimes. :smile:
Minta2
Er, banned for 400 years from now silly!

o well, thats much more sensible :rolleyes:
Reply 17
gringalet
I want to know how to successfully write little 'ksi' and 'zeta' in Greek, cos it's really annoying me! Although I'll probably feel too stupid by the end of my interviews to ask that :rolleyes:

i've seen a variety of different representations throughout the lectures. it seems everyone has their own method. you've just got to see what feels comfortable. i've started getting comfortable with writing in greek so a 'ksi' comes out like a squigly corkscrew and a zeta comes out like a long thin s with a loop at the top!

EDIT: in my interview i asked if we get 'medium sized classes' like seminars rather than just big lectures and small supervisions...
Reply 18
Acaila

If we both get into Cambridge and our preference college, you can come into Emma anytime :smile: I won't ban you :biggrin:

Teacher ar our school said make sure you have something to ask them - said maybe come back to a question you didn't know the answer to, show some interest or summit. Or how you can ask if you become interested in researches going on in other colleges would you be able to talk to them etc (answer will be yes but it's something for you to ask!) Personally I'd probably go with the former - ask them to explain some science or summit! :tongue:
Reply 19
I don't want to appear too suckuppy :biggrin:

(foolfarian I got that 400 years thing, then read it again :biggrin:)

At worst, I'll ask at both interviews when am I likely to hear.
Or at the absolute absolute worst "How much wood could a wood chucker chuck if a wood chucker could chuck wood?"

Latest

Trending

Trending