The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Fleece
Beg to differ :wink: Not a good idea to say all this in a Leeds forum :p:

I agree! Manchester more fun than Leeds?? Manchester's a big hard-to-get-around wasteland! Leeds is *cool*. (I move up in three weeks! :woo: )
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 81
I'm Sophie and I'll be taking French with Italian as my elective :smile:
Originally applied for French and Spanish but got ABC instead of ABB (C in Psychology of all irrelevant things) so they looked at my application again and decided they still wanted me and offered me French. Spoke to a very nice woman about it this morning while incredibly hungover.
Reply 82
Yay to all the people saying Leeds is better than Manchester! I'm definitely going Leeds now (declined Manchester's other offers) :smile:
Manchester as a city is much better than Leeds. It's bigger, has more shops - from highstreet to designer (selfridges, harvey nics, Vivienne Westwood etc to lots of 'alternative' stores), big china town, more diverse.
BUT I personally think that both unis are equally nice and I really liked Leeds university when I went to visit.
Reply 84
I'll be doing maths at Leeds Uni.
sociology!
Reply 86
I'm in :biggrin:
For the degree in my sig... I'm Ami by the way :hello:
Reply 87
magic_box
I'm in :biggrin:
For the degree in my sig... I'm Ami by the way :hello:

Hey Ami! Well done! Are you on holiday yet? xx
Reply 88
Hey all, Im Mark and im doing dentistry
lol, sounds like the addicts meetings, hey, im .... and im an addict!!
Reply 89
mushoo
Hey all, Im Mark and im doing dentistry
lol, sounds like the addicts meetings, hey, im .... and im an addict!!

Hey Mark. What accommodation have you applied for?
I'll be studying Broadcast Journalism and living in Lupton...
Reply 91
kaz101
Hey Mark. What accommodation have you applied for?

hey.. i applied for catered, so ellerslie, but i applied like on the last day due to some serious disorganisation, normal with me!!
but im rely unsure with all this dentistry and how it starts early and i need to find temp accomodation, its all so wierd, and especially hard for me. lol!!
Reply 92
Hiya, I'm Sam and I am studying Human Physiology.

I have applied for Leadis Halls too.

If you are doing the same course please contact me.
Reply 93
Sociology :biggrin: hopefullyy in Leodis x
Alice_Alice
Manchester as a city is much better than Leeds. It's bigger, has more shops - from highstreet to designer (selfridges, harvey nics, Vivienne Westwood etc to lots of 'alternative' stores), big china town, more diverse.
BUT I personally think that both unis are equally nice and I really liked Leeds university when I went to visit.

FYI, Leeds has these. Not that anyone on a student budget will be able to afford to shop in the Victoria Quarter...

Leeds is a much safer place to live than Manchester. It's a bit quieter and more friendly and it has a free city bus!

Latest