The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Zzzzz.
Reply 2
I was 1 mark off and wish I did it, I think you should. The thing is I didn't need the mark and couldn't afford to lose the re-mark money if it didn't get moderated up or down.
Reply 3
Only and if only my place at university depended on it.
Reply 4
I would. 1 mark off an A!
Yessss.
i would just for the thing of having 3As. But as you say it is very unlikely that marks go up or down in maths as the correct answer is the only answer, even so i would ask for a remark just on the off chance that they have missed something
i got 418 in French lulz. 2 more and i'd have AAABB
Reply 7
I'm in the same postion but for A2 Biology 479, got 61/90 in the synoptic so thinking of getting it remarked, argh this is irritating.
get the re-mark, you haven't really got anything to lose, not that the difference between AAA and AAB is important...
I'm in the same situation as you OP. While my university offer doesn't depend on it, it is still nice to have AAA. I am only a few UMS off.

So, this is what my Exams Officer told me and what you should probably do if you can. Get a photocopy, go over it with your old teacher and if he thinks it's worth it, go for it. You have until mid September. This is particularly important for Maths, as it's not subjective and for all you know your current module score could have lots of benefit-of-doubts.

A lot better than having a 'blind go' where you stand to lose remark money. Besides, this way you don't clog up the remark system and people who desperately need their results before 31st August can get them :smile:

All the best.
Reply 10
Get it re-marked!
Reply 11
I got 481...****ing close one that
I'm nearly at that point, 9 off in Maths and 7 off in Physics...both needed As to get into Imperial...:'(
Reply 13
WOLLSMOTH
I don't need it either, my offer is AAB, however it would look pretty cool with AAA. I guess it's a slim chance also that the grade changes as it is not really a subjective subject

My remarks went up by 6 ums over 3 modules in Maths last year.
Not quite the same but I got an E in a chemistry module in Jan. Because no one in the class got higher than a D, yet in AS no one had got lower than a C, the head of chemistry got a few papers remarked. Mine went up 2 marks, and when we got the paper back, the first marker had marked a 2 mark question entirely wrong, when it was clearly correct!

So technically, it's worth a try. Worst comes to worst, you'll go down a few marks, and you'll still have AAB then, so there'll be either no change to your grades or they'll go up :smile: Depends if you're happy to spend the money.

(well done on your grades, btw)
Reply 15
nothing to lose (well except the re-mark money)..cause it's very unlikely your grade will move down since you're so close to an 'A'..so might as well!

Latest