The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You probably don't need to buy all that many books in first year. I would wait until you get there and the lecturers will give you a good idea of any texts that are VITAL, but most are in the library anyway. There are often notices on the notice boards or whatever the online thing your uni uses from year 2s who are trying to sell their old books, so you could have a look there.
fizzerz
You probably don't need to buy all that many books in first year. I would wait until you get there and the lecturers will give you a good idea of any texts that are VITAL, but most are in the library anyway. There are often notices on the notice boards or whatever the online thing your uni uses from year 2s who are trying to sell their old books, so you could have a look there.

thanks for your help
Reply 3
rah bare of a geek. u just got in and ur already asking for books.
Portishead
rah bare of a geek. u just got in and ur already asking for books.

I'm going on holiday soon so i wont have time to sort all the uni stuff out by the time i get back
Go to the pharmacy website of the school of pharmacy you will be going to and in the resources section usually there is some kind of a reading list there...well there is with nottingham's pharmacy website. If not then just wait until you start lectures and the lectures will no doubt instruct you on which books are relevant to the module and where they can be bought or borrowed (the library)
Reply 6
Pharmacy Press (the RPSGB publishers) usually give massive discounts at BPC (British Pharmaceutical Conference) and at BPSA Conferences! Also, i know they did it when i joined the BPSA - i got 3 vouchers for 25% off a Pharmacy Press book!

But as said above, i would not buy loads of books because there are only a few you will use all the time anyway. The rest you can get from the library. Some books are popular so it is worth getting them out as soon as you can before people snap them up.

Latest

Trending

Trending