The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I was in your situation I would retake the year.
French doesn't get any easier in the second year. Trust me
because of the coursework element, i ended up with a C.
Drop General Studies, resit the rest.
Oh dear :frown: perhaps re-taking the year would be a good idea, maybe change subject choices.
Reply 5
Sorry to hear about your results. But seriously you should re-take the year and work even harder, making sure your college work comes first! Its not the end of the world as long as you work hard you will do great next year!

:biggrin:
Reply 6
REtake the year...
Reply 7
Seriously, resitting won't get you anywhere. It's a fact that resits hardly do any better. Just retake the year and study hard.
Reply 8
Ahhh your grades aren't awful..

Just become a social leper next year and study your ass off :smile:
Reply 9
What subject to you want to study at University? Drop General Studies.
It could be worse, just work hard next year, I got a C and 2 Us last January, now I've managed to get ABC which just shows that anyone can turn it around.
Reply 11
If i was you i think that i would resit the year rather than doing resits whilst also studying A2 course material. I say that because the second year for most subject is harder and so you really want to get the best you can at AS to allow for the 2nd year. But i am presuming that you want to push up your grades a far way. Good luck with it all
Reply 12
I think I will resit my history c'work and maybe a gen studies paper - I won't retake the year - I'll just work really hard next year. Our school has general studies as a compulsory subject and I am applying to the following for entry in Sep 2009

Bangor - French, Italian and Spanish
Heriot Watt - French and Spanish (Interpreting and Translating0
Hull - French and Italian (Translation Studies)
Nottingham Trent - French and Italian
Oxford Brookes - French and Spanish(minor)
I'm glad you chose not to resit the year because those grades aren't even THAT bad. Just resit what you think you can improve alot and might even want to take up an AS next year.
Reply 14
Retake the year; it'll be worth it, as long as you've learnt from you're mistakes i.e party less, work more
Terry J
I think I will resit my history c'work and maybe a gen studies paper - I won't retake the year - I'll just work really hard next year. Our school has general studies as a compulsory subject and I am applying to the following for entry in Sep 2009

Bangor - French, Italian and Spanish
Heriot Watt - French and Spanish (Interpreting and Translating0
Hull - French and Italian (Translation Studies)
Nottingham Trent - French and Italian
Oxford Brookes - French and Spanish(minor)

You're a linguist too, hello :biggrin: Work extremely hard and you'll get there, I'm sure!
Reply 16
I am the same I got As chemistry E(e, u,b),english lit E(d,d,u) and Maths A- level in a year d(c1 83,c2 79,c3 36,c4 17, M1 59, S1 60) and I want to do further maths. What is the best option retake the year in another school or resit and continue to A2. I am droping chemistry. please help.
janeyxo
Seriously, resitting won't get you anywhere. It's a fact that resits hardly do any better.

:frown:

I'm hoping to resit a Lit paper to get it from a D to an A, and my overall mark from a B to an A.

Under what circumstances will re-sitting not get you anywhere?
Reply 18
nefas
I am the same I got As chemistry E(e, u,b),english lit E(d,d,u) and Maths A- level in a year d(c1 83,c2 79,c3 36,c4 17, M1 59, S1 60) and I want to do further maths. What is the best option retake the year in another school or resit and continue to A2. I am droping chemistry. please help.

PLEASE ANYONE!!!!!
Reply 19
you got an A in your oral btw if that makes you feel better. I'm talking about edexcel though so ignore me if you're not doing edexcel