The Student Room Group

Teacher to complain about AQA?

well got my results

gutted that i was 10UMS marks of an A in history
out of 6 marks, i got 4 A's, 1B and 1 E! that E was alternative J paper and basically what happened that day was the invidulator basically gave us an extra 10 mins, then realised he did the time wrong and took the 10 mins off like 2 mins from the end i.e. when the paper should have actually finished

so we all look up at the board, and instead of it saying 10.20 or w/e, it says 10.10 and it was 10.08 by the time i looked up

so after we got our marks, he realised almost every one had done real bad in his paper and was kinda pissed, especially since in past papers i got the highest on his side, i guess every one did

now hes going to complain to the AQA because he said it affected it us
the worst thing was the question i didnt complete i had previously done and had gotten 25/25 on :frown:

do you think this holds any weight
Reply 1
any input?
It's not really a complaint, as it wasn't AQA's fault, but under the circumstances, I think that AQA will understand how you could be disadvantaged, and if the results were unusually low for a large number of people, I think that will be enough to merit a small UMS boost (just like a sick person has been disadvantaged because of his illness, you have been disadvantaged by that incident).

No experience though, just saying what I think would be fair.
Reply 3
Tbh i dont think 10 minutes would have boosted you from an E to an A, youre teacher may not have a good enough case.
I don't think you really have a case. You still had the correct amount of time, even if you thought you had 10 minutes left to proof read or whatever...
So you actually got proper time? Why complain? (You said he added additional time, then took it off). You cannot seriously complain about that.
Reply 6
Direwolf
Tbh i dont think 10 minutes would have boosted you from an E to an A, youre teacher may not have a good enough case.

basically..it was a 25 mark question..

2 sides to it..my teacher said if u answer 1 side, then you get 10-12 marks..if u finish off the other argument, you should score a lvl 5 i.e. 23-25
and with the 10 minutes we all thought we had

it sounds stupid, but most of us never calculated the time...stupid mistake, but its what they're really there for i guess and to stop cheating loool

and i dont need it to be moved from an E to A...if i had even 6/8 more marks, i would have scored a D or C, on that paper, and gotten an A over all..because i JUST missed out on my UMS mark..isnt it 480 to get an A, i got 473 i think (left sheet downstairs)

and what you have to take in mind is...stupidly we look at the time allocated then work on the questions in that order..when u think u have 10 minutes left and are going to get full marks on the questions and suddenly he goes Woops!, made a mistake, and u have less than 2 minutes..u kind of loose track

Latest