The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think that would actually scare the life out of me. Plus I would be sooo embarassed. I was in the newspaper for GCSEs but I am very glad I don't have to do anything like that this year.

All you that have opened your results live on TV... you are extremely brave!
Yeah you are all brave. :smile:
And as for that girl, i would have pretended, no way i would have said that on live tv.
livingthedream
Did you see it one year where a girl was so pleased thinking she had got enough to get into uni, and was chatting all cheerfully and then it suddenly dawned on her that she didnt? That was awkward.:frown: Saw it on youtube.

haha yeah, is that the one with the two girls and she thought she'd got something like an A or B in English and thats what she wanted to do at uni, then during the chat she was like oh i didnt get a B i got a C and the presenter was like, so what does that mean for you now?"
If thats the one, it was quite funny but at the same time i felt really sorry for her, not only not getting her place but doing that on TV how embarrassing lol
x Kelly
haha yeah, is that the one with the two girls and she thought she'd got something like an A or B in English and thats what she wanted to do at uni, then during the chat she was like oh i didnt get a B i got a C and the presenter was like, so what does that mean for you now?"
If thats the one, it was quite funny but at the same time i felt really sorry for her, not only not getting her place but doing that on TV how embarrassing lol

I felt sorry for her, hope she got in.
I just loved how her mate was just carrying on about uni.
livingthedream
I felt sorry for her, hope she got in.
I just loved how her mate was just carrying on about uni.

yeah same :frown:
i didnt mean the haha in any way like it was funny, don't even know why i put it lol, its a habit that i need to get out of lol
x Kelly
yeah same :frown:
i didnt mean the haha in any way like it was funny, don't even know why i put it lol, its a habit that i need to get out of lol

Thats ok, i just couldnt believe it.
You could literally see the moment she realised.
Reply 26
ixnayonthehombre

That whole thing was so cringingly awkward, even without her blunder. :o:
Reply 27
Awww poor girl. :frown:
Reply 28
ixnayonthehombre

I think my heart just broke for that girl :no:
Reply 29
somethingbeautiful
Aww my nan just rang - she saw me on telly :biggrin:

Lol I saw it on the news at 6 I think...
were you one of the 3 people opening their results where the head teacher said before that she already knows the grades?
I was on the list with three others to talk to the local reporter but I am not into that sort of thing lol. I worked out where she was waiting for the three of us and went the other way. I was in a state of shock so an interview would have been a nightmare.

Well done to those who had to guts to open them on TV/radio though. I didn't see any of the TV ones but the local radio had a few people on whilst I was still in bed. I'm so glad it is over and we all know (be it good or bad).

:smile:
Reply 31
heh, up til now i always thought they faked that - ie, give you envelopes to put ur results in and then you fake shock... my results have nvr come as a single slip of paper and never in envelopes, you see...
Reply 32
somethingbeautiful
Yes! I was the blonde one on the left :biggrin:

haha wow..you certainly have courage opening results on tv..
I applaud you :biggrin:

Latest