Scroll to see replies

Can i bitch about my results here? :puppyeyes:

PYA1 - D
PYA2 - C
PYA3 - B
PYA4 - B
PYA5 - B
PYA6 - B
But it balances out to a C (5 marks from a B...) so i'm gonna have to do one retake to get a B. Although i'll still go to university it's SOO annoying, i wanted to apply to other universities through clearing but with my grades it doesn't seem likely.

:clip:
Reply 41
I've just got my AS results for OCR Psychology as well and got:

C1:88/100
C2:50/100
Investigations:83/100

Very shocked with the core 2 paper as I thought I did quite well.. I was wondering if anyone would advise getting it remarked? How do you go about it?

Thanks
Reply 42
Very happy with my Psychology result as got an A. (I was on OCR)
I am mainly happy with myself for deciding on retaking the B I got it core2 as without that I would have just missed the A mark.
Got an A in my coursework aswell which pleased me as put quite alot of work into it.
Reply 43
Beckym14
I've just got my AS results for OCR Psychology as well and got:

C1:88/100
C2:50/100
Investigations:83/100

Very shocked with the core 2 paper as I thought I did quite well.. I was wondering if anyone would advise getting it remarked? How do you go about it?

Thanks

I think that you should if you feel that you deserve a higher grade. I also did OCR psychology and i got:

Core 1: 86/100
Core 2: 85/100
Investigations: 65/100

I ended up with a B 4 marks from an A and i am getting my investigations paper remarked, because i know i at least got a B. It was the easiest one.
I found OCR marking a joke when I did my A Levels 3 years ago - I got an A in a full mock without revising and ended up getting an E in my original exam - retook it and got a B (luckily) but still feel like I deserved an A overall, but I got into my first choice uni
student_s
I got all A's apart from PYA5 where I got a U making my overall grade a B! Do you guys think I should remark?

Yeah that is odd you got a U when you got A's in all the rest. Unless you really misread the question, I thought I did awful in that paper but got 120/120, so that seems very strange. Your basic knowledge of all units 1-4 would have at least given you a pass I imagine.
Reply 46
All the Psych classes in my school got low grades, 1 A, maybe 5 Bs, some Cs and the rest mostly Ds, Es or Us. We had some serious issues with our teaching both years (10+ teachers in two years) and we were only given 2 weeks to complete our coursework because we didn't have a teacher at the time. Overall the marking of the papers seemed ok, but our coursework was very dodgy.

It meant that a lot of people missed their offers for university. I was 6 marks from an A, so I missed mine too :frown:
Reply 47
OCR AS Level - I got a B
CS1 68/100
CS2 73/100
Psyc Investigations (retake) 75/100

Considering I got an E first time for Psychological Investigations, I was pretty chuffed :yep:
J-Bear
OCR AS Level - I got a B
CS1 68/100
CS2 73/100
Psyc Investigations (retake) 75/100

Considering I got an E first time for Psychological Investigations, I was pretty chuffed :yep:

See! It's Investigations! Conspiracy! conspiracy! :eek: I kicked Core 2's arse, did ok on 1 and got a U for Investigations first time. And not even a good U, at that, if there is such a thing :biggrin:

I believe they are changing it for the new syllabus, though
Reply 49
amywalters
Yeah that is odd you got a U when you got A's in all the rest. Unless you really misread the question, I thought I did awful in that paper but got 120/120, so that seems very strange. Your basic knowledge of all units 1-4 would have at least given you a pass I imagine.

Thank you for your advice :smile: , I'm going to see my exams officer tomorrow (only time she is available) to request a remark.
student_s
Thank you for your advice :smile: , I'm going to see my exams officer tomorrow (only time she is available) to request a remark.

That's no problem. I remember for that paper when I couldn't answer things I just stuck down AS stuff like, this lacks ecological validity, blabla.. basic evaluation points and still did well. So very confusing indeed! Let me know what happens! x
Reply 51
AQA A..

U1- B
U2- C
U3- B (resit, initially i got a D...apprently my resit paper was a HELL LOT EASIER because the delivery car/van was ambushed+ papers were stolen...so right at the last minute the exam board recreated a paper...this was told by my psychology teacher...who is also an examinier...)

U4- A (the WORST MODULE EVERRR!!! moaned and groaned about the amount of crap i had to remember, twas torture...but i got through! yay! (hahaha, im happy cos i never get A's...:frown:)

U5- E (didn't have enough time to revise this paper :frown: could have done better, twas quite tricky...)
U6- D (i think???)

Overall! C

average grade...but i found psychology challenging!!

*stops talking to herself abruptly*

Latest

Trending

Trending