The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
You would get the bursary anyway, worth £1000. The box you ticked is for salary based bursaries, but if your family is a low income household you should maybe ring them up and see if they can change it for you, because you get considerably more.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
i dont get the money cos im doing drama....so unfair
Reply 3
Michelle0509
i dont get the money cos im doing drama....so unfair

I'm doing drama too, and I'm pretty sure I qualify for their £1000 bursary.

Have a look here - http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/funding/home/scholarshipcalculator/
Reply 4
Im doing engineering so i qualify for the 1k bursary :biggrin: , is that a one off or each year?

I think i would get one of the means tested bursarys as well so will have to contact them :biggrin: should i contact the slc and ask them to send my info to Manchester? or Manchester directly and send off info myself to them?
Carlo08
Im doing engineering so i qualify for the 1k bursary :biggrin: , is that a one off or each year?

I think i would get one of the means tested bursarys as well so will have to contact them :biggrin: should i contact the slc and ask them to send my info to Manchester? or Manchester directly and send off info myself to them?

Contact SLC.

I think I'm correct in saying you can only get one bursary. Like I got 3 As so qualified for the £1000 one, but I also have no household income (no parents) so I get that too, and I get £5000 Manchester Advantage Scholarship rather than two separate ones.

And yes it's every year.
sarahemery
I'm doing drama too, and I'm pretty sure I qualify for their £1000 bursary.

Have a look here - http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/funding/home/scholarshipcalculator/

but if you look at the other part of the site it doesnt list drama

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/funding/home/universityscholarships/
Reply 7
Michelle0509
but if you look at the other part of the site it doesnt list drama

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/funding/home/universityscholarships/

I was looking at The Manchester Guarantee Bursary one - eveyone with a family income under £27,810 qualifies for that, regardless of subject :smile:
Reply 8
I don't qualify for any because my faculty got none and I am an international student. After all that talk about how big and wonderful institution Manchester is they have no scholarships/ bursaries in the entire school of social science. So little for being the biggest university in the UK.
Reply 9
L-A-D
I don't qualify for any because my faculty got none and I am an international student. After all that talk about how big and wonderful institution Manchester is they have no scholarships/ bursaries in the entire school of social science. So little for being the biggest university in the UK.

Surely you can't complain about not getting a poxy bursary given the ~£10k per year cost of studying (as an international student) at Manchester? If you can afford £10,000 a year just for tuition fees alone, then it doesn't sound like you need much financial help to be honest. :confused:
I got the 1K bursary in my first yr (having got the 2.7K grant too)
Getting same this year too (hopefully! not fully done yet)
Reply 11
domeden
Surely you can't complain about not getting a poxy bursary given the ~£10k per year cost of studying (as an international student) at Manchester? If you can afford £10,000 a year just for tuition fees alone, then it doesn't sound like you need much financial help to be honest. :confused:

nah, they aren't as generous as they seem. Well if you ever come around Singapore, there are plenty of scholarships/ aids that I think outnumbered what i s offered by Manchester up to 3 times both for the locals and international students. Maybe I'm just used to see such thing over here. :rolleyes:
L-A-D
nah, they aren't as generous as they seem. Well if you ever come around Singapore, there are plenty of scholarships/ aids that I think outnumbered what i s offered by Manchester up to 3 times both for the locals and international students. Maybe I'm just used to see such thing over here. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think it's that, Manchester are very generous with bursaries. I wouldn't be able to go were it not for the mega scholarship I get.

Latest

Trending

Trending