The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry or another route, what to do?Help Please?!

Hi guys,

I missed out on both my medical place offers today as I got BBB :frown: My first choice, have offered me an alternative course in audiology and encouraged me to go through graduate entry but this means 9 years. What do you suggest I do, should I take this route? Considering it's paid for by the nhs so i may still get help with my graduate course? Or should I go for the foundation course at bradford or re-sit? What are my chances :frown:

Thank you
do you want to do audiology? If you don't i think it's a pretty awful route to medicine. At the end of it, you need a 2:i in the subject you do.
Reply 2
Well I find it more interesting than biomedical sciences or something similar to that, since I'm such a people person, so I wouldn't be able to get at least a 2:1 in a subject like that, but audiology perhaps?
Reply 3
So have they given you some indication that you'd get priority at their med school if you did audiology? Cause that might be worth going for. But if they just suggest grad med after, then thats a waste of time.
Reply 4
you can do pretty much any degree (incl arts degrees like history) for quite a few grad entry courses. it won't be 9years, it'll be 3years BSc + 4/5years medicine degree = 7/8 years.
Reply 5
They've said that they'd favour me if I did this because they'd be able to monitor my progress or something like that, but the school doesn't give spaces in clearing so i guess i'm kind of lucky. I'm going up there tomorrow, so I'll confirm with the medical school then. I just have no idea what other type of course I would do then go through graduate entry which is very people related. Any ideas please?
Reply 6
True, doing audiology which is for years and then applying for the medical course which is 5years is taking a long route. What other courses could I do that are people related?
Reply 7
do you get all your tuition fees paid for audiology?

Also, which uni is it?
Reply 8
Try Bradford. I doubt they would really favour you, they just want to fill the spaces on the audiology course.
Reply 9
Yeah you do get all your tuitions fees paid for meaning if i went in via graduate and succeeded i'd still be eligible for a loan. It's UCL, and i'm thinking the same Bambi, that they may just be using me to fill places, but then again there's only a few places available for the course since it isn't a big department so they must like me to a certain extent?
The only problem with Bradford is Leeds was my 2nd choice and they were not very nice ot me today, and the lady at bradford thinks it may be to do with them being my insurance, thus it may make it harder for me to be accepted next year, perhaps.

Latest

Trending

Trending