The Student Room Group

As grades....medicine at oxford

hey today i got my as results with AAAAB(A in general studies tho and a B in rs) i want to apply to oxford medicine. for rs, i got aac which im pretty suspicious of. is it worth a remark since im dropping it? for most subjects, these grades wouldnt be a problem to apply but because medicine is so competitive (15.4%) im still wondering whether it is worth competing with those who got 5As. plus althought i got an A 267 in chemistry, i got a b in unit 2 which is again suspicious. is it worth a remark and will this disadvantage me in any way since im competing with super high flyers?

oh and rs ums.. 239/240 (grrr):confused:
Reply 1
I got confused with what you said- but essentially if you are predicted AAA then there is nothing to lose by applying to Oxbridge just make sure to include some 'safe' universities in your 5.
Reply 2
what im basically saying is that the calibur of people applying for medicine at oxford is likely to be very high, and i dont want to be disadvantaged by my AS results. i got 239/240 in r.s. but i will drop it, and im thinking if its worth a remark as it could take me up a grade. also i got a b in one of the chem units so is it worth a remark as well?
Reply 3
peneje12
what im basically saying is that the calibur of people applying for medicine at oxford is likely to be very high, and i dont want to be disadvantaged by my AS results. i got 239/240 in r.s. but i will drop it, and im thinking if its worth a remark as it could take me up a grade. also i got a b in one of the chem units so is it worth a remark as well?

Well random results happen, well at least to me they happen lots (ranging from C in one module to full marks in another.) Anyway- as much as Oxbridge application success is about the grades, it is also about the personal statement and the interview. Most applicants get interviews and if you perform well then the odd mark here or there will pale into insignificance. As long as your teachers predict you AAA then apply, there is nothing to lose.

Latest

Trending

Trending