The Student Room Group

ABB.... will this affect my job prospects in 5 years time.

Right basically, i have been accepted into med school with ABB, A in geog and two Bs in Bio and Chem, the B in bio was 5 UMS away from an A. School has told me there is no point remarking if the med school is happy because if your in your in sort of thing .

So would having ABB make my job prospects any worse than some one with AAA. Sorry I'm probably just worrying unnecessarily but hey, please giveme some advice!

PS. i know im ridiculously lucky.

Scroll to see replies

You really are worrying about nothing. A-Levels will mean sweet FA when applying for an FY post. Honestly, don't worry, just be glad you're into medical school and work hard :smile:
Reply 2
I doubt your A levels are going to have much impact on your future prospects - as long as you have your MBBS at the end, I cant see anything like your A levels affecting you?

Though, I could be entirely wrong, people can correct me where necessary :smile:

PS - Well done on getting in!
Reply 3
Degree in medicine>poxy little A-levels half the country does!
Reply 4
Lol, don't worry, you results are basically universitry entry requirements, no employer will really care what you get.
Reply 5
Not that i mean to be nosy or anything..but what med school did you get into?
Reply 6
Sgul.
Reply 7
I was 5 ums off a A , which is like 2.5 raw marks... like i said i wanted it to be remarked, for my personal ego:P

but i suppose if SGUL are happy so am i .
Reply 8
Well if you are sure you deserve your A grade and you know it will bug you if you don't get it remarked then go for it. You'll get your money back if you go up a grade and you are not that far off.
Reply 9
But what if it goes down. and i loose my offer?

lol. because of my pride.
Reply 10
For crying out loud so being so ridiculous. You have a place at med school. Be grateful for that and stop whinging about wanting an A grade when you achieved a B. Many other people would be so grateful to be in your position. Your ego will probably take a battering over the next 5 years so don't bother building it up further now as you will only have further to fall
Reply 11
Cheers wideawake.

Thanks ... i did say im really lucky to have got in . I was simply trying to find out what getting ABB means when everyone else in the medical world has AAB or AAA or higher.

but yes thanks for that very nice indeed.
Reply 12
I don't think you even put A-level grades on your Foundation years application form (could be wrong, I really should check their website soon...) so no, it won't matter.
Reply 13
With ABB you'll be limited to a career in testicles or rectums. Better give up the place and repeat :wink:
Touche
With ABB you'll be limited to a career in testicles or rectums. Better give up the place and repeat :wink:

:biggrin: and here comes the rep!
HAHAHAHAHAA

stupid question...
after 5 years of med school, what does one do after?
Be all Doctory and basically Doctor things up.
no I mean, is there a training year and then you are qualified or what?
There are two training years after you graduate. Foundation year one and two.

Latest

Trending

Trending