The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
I have firmed Exeter for Arabic and Politics -literally can't wait - so fed up with school now - anyone doing the same as me?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by brownie94
I have firmed Exeter for Arabic and Politics -literally can't wait - so fed up with school now - anyone doing the same as me?

I've firmed Exeter for Philosophy; finding it hard to revise with School/ A-levels seeming like 'that thing you do before you go to uni' just like waiting rather than 'that thing you do to get into uni'
Reply 562
Original post by cmguttridge
I've firmed Exeter for Philosophy; finding it hard to revise with School/ A-levels seeming like 'that thing you do before you go to uni' just like waiting rather than 'that thing you do to get into uni'

Couldn't of put it better myself!
Reply 563
Just firmed an unconditional offer for International Relations and French! Now I need to save up as much money as possible before September (as a uni dropout I need to fork out £9k of my own for the first year).
Firmed my unconditional (I'm on a gap year) for biochemistry with industrial placement. Just applied for accommodation, September seems so far away :smile:
Reply 565
I'm doing biology, and am looking forward to doing so!
Reply 566
Just for those who are about to study law this coming academic year at exeter uni- good luck! The law school is awful! Seminars are cancelled all the time- and postponed to 1 week before the actual exams! Lecturers are sick all the time- so the last week of term is crammed with extra lectures that you missed! Notice of cancelled lectures is given 1 or 2 minutes before the actual lecture starts. If your coursework is marked, and there's an error, there's nothing you can do. If you want to work in the law library, tough, it's always full of people who don't study law. Anyway, good luck! So glad to leave exeter uni this year...!
Original post by OLawyer
Just for those who are about to study law this coming academic year at exeter uni- good luck! The law school is awful! Seminars are cancelled all the time- and postponed to 1 week before the actual exams! Lecturers are sick all the time- so the last week of term is crammed with extra lectures that you missed! Notice of cancelled lectures is given 1 or 2 minutes before the actual lecture starts. If your coursework is marked, and there's an error, there's nothing you can do. If you want to work in the law library, tough, it's always full of people who don't study law. Anyway, good luck! So glad to leave exeter uni this year...!

I don't know if you're an idiot, or a troll...or both.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 568
Original post by Legen...dary!!
I don't know if you're an idiot, or a troll...or both.

Why do you call me an idiot? You don't think I'm at exeter uni? I have factual evidence to back all of this up..... I think you're the troll. What I've said applies to the law school only, not all of the courses offered there.
I have firmed Archaeology for 2012 and i cant wait to start......any other Archaeology firmers???
Reply 570
Hey guys :biggrin:
I've firmed Exeter for Law - so, so, so excited!
Now just to get the grades...
Anyone else firmed Law? If so, I'd love to chat to you! Would be great to speak to some people before we all head off!
Original post by JodPet
Hey guys :biggrin:
I've firmed Exeter for Law - so, so, so excited!
Now just to get the grades...
Anyone else firmed Law? If so, I'd love to chat to you! Would be great to speak to some people before we all head off!

Firmed for law too :biggrin: I'm beyond excited! Hehe
Help. I have everything filled in for the accommodation but I would like to know what i should choose for my second and third choice, Lafrowda is my first and then I'm stuck between duryard (would be nice as it's new), st germans or james owen court? Someone reply asap please
Reply 573
Original post by EmilyRose-
Help. I have everything filled in for the accommodation but I would like to know what i should choose for my second and third choice, Lafrowda is my first and then I'm stuck between duryard (would be nice as it's new), st germans or james owen court? Someone reply asap please

Well you could consider location? Do you want to be on campus or off? That would help you decided between St Germans and JOC :smile:
Reply 574
Why do I get neg rep for outlining the flaws in the law school?
Reply 575
Original post by nooneyouknow
Firmed for law too :biggrin: I'm beyond excited! Hehe

Hey! I've firmed Exeter for Law too :smile: has everyone chosen their accommodation yet?
Original post by Eloquent
Hey! I've firmed Exeter for Law too :smile: has everyone chosen their accommodation yet?

Hiya :biggrin: I've gone for Rowe House, Lafrowda and St Germans, all near the law building because I'm lazy haha. Where are you thinking of applying?
Reply 577
Maaan literally everybody picked Lafrowda. Could it possibly be because that's the block they showed everyone on open day? :tongue:
Reply 578
Original post by HJFSS
Maaan literally everybody picked Lafrowda. Could it possibly be because that's the block they showed everyone on open day? :tongue:

For me there are two primary reasons:

1) Close to business school.
2) Ensuite Self-catered.
Original post by JodPet
Well you could consider location? Do you want to be on campus or off? That would help you decided between St Germans and JOC :smile:

I went for location and picked St Germans, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending