Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooneyouknow)
    Hiya I've gone for Rowe House, Lafrowda and St Germans, all near the law building because I'm lazy haha. Where are you thinking of applying?
    Thought i'd share as well!
    I went for Rowe House, Lafrowda and the town houses in Birks Grange Village. Same reasons for me too, laziness! Haha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyRose-)
    I went for location and picked St Germans, thank you!
    Yay I'm glad I helped!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for law too I'm beyond excited! Hehe
    Same!! I've firmed law and can't wait! I haven't quite decided accomodation I'm thinking Lopes, Mardon and another catered one, but don't really mind about ensuite and don't want the cost of it! and not Hope! so bit stuck and may just put an ensuite one!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodPet)
    Thought i'd share as well!
    I went for Rowe House, Lafrowda and the town houses in Birks Grange Village. Same reasons for me too, laziness! Haha

Haha! Rowe house is going to be full of lazy law students how will we get anything done!

(Original post by Charlotte13)
    Same!! I've firmed law and can't wait! I haven't quite decided accomodation I'm thinking Lopes, Mardon and another catered one, but don't really mind about ensuite and don't want the cost of it! and not Hope! so bit stuck and may just put an ensuite one!
    I had such a debate about ensuite then I thought I'll probably have to share in my 2nd & 3rd year so I'll treat myself for the 1st year

Either of you going for the year abroad programme?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Rowe house is going to be full of lazy law students how will we get anything done!

I had such a debate about ensuite then I thought I'll probably have to share in my 2nd & 3rd year so I'll treat myself for the 1st year

Either of you going for the year abroad programme?
    Do you mean the International year abroad? If so, then YES! Haha, I would give anything to study abroad! What about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woo im starting this September hopefully, providing i get the AAB Anyone else taking Engineering?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The 31st)
    For me there are two primary reasons:

1) Close to business school.
    2) Ensuite Self-catered.
    3) Cheap!

I'm having to self fund my first years tuition fees so I need to save every penny I can so the cheapest is the best for me!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed Exeter for Physics and Astrophysics

Still deciding what accommodation to choose. Most likely one of the two standard self catered halls
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celestianpower)
    Depends what kind of music you want to do as to whether it'd be helpful being near Duryard. What instrument do you play? If you have any questions, feel free to ask - I'm in my final year now and have been involved in music at Exeter since my first .
    Hi I have fimed my offer from Exeter and I hope to study modern languages there in september. I have applied for a music scholarship (Piano and singing)- do you have any tips for the audition?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleywlkr)
    Heres the Facebook PAGE for this year! https://www.facebook.com/groups/315674671829756/
    I've joined
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So where's everyone coming from?? I've got an offer for History, and i'm coming from France
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally firmed Exeter after months of indecision! Doing Business Economics, coming from Bahrain
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I´ve got an offer for Msc in International Management (9 months), anyone else doing the same ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody doing BA Geography 2012 ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPM1)
    So where's everyone coming from?? I've got an offer for History, and i'm coming from France
    I'm coming from France too!! more precisely from Reims I've got a conditional offer for the english law/french maitrise with the university of rennes.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    coming from London and studying classics and philosophy in september
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svhtg)
    I'm coming from France too!! more precisely from Reims I've got a conditional offer for the english law/french maitrise with the university of rennes.
    Nice! I'm coming from Gex...you've probably never heard of it! Are you French??:rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a conditional offer for classics and French !
    From Cornwall but French native speaker ^^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've firmed Exeter to study English starting Oct 1 2012 and have just applied for a self-catered en-suite at Rowe House as my first choice. Let me know if you're in a similar situation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPM1)
    Nice! I'm coming from Gex...you've probably never heard of it! Are you French??:rolleyes:
    ahaha I haven't indeed, but thank you google maps, i'm now able to locate it! Yes i'm french, what about you?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 28, 2014
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.