The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by Sephrenia
So own up - who's coming to the wonderful place that is Exeter? :biggrin: What subject are you doing? Tell us!
I'm not going to stalk you...
:woo:

HELLO EVERYONE :biggrin: I am a 4th year student at Exeter uni so if you have ANY questions just let me know!! I also have a youtube channel where I answer questions about the uni and student life in general, just type in the search bar Student Vlogs Francesca Michaud and if not ask me here!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1701
Hey everyone! Last year I accepted an unconditional deferred (I took a gap year to work) offer for BSc Politics and International Relations with Study Abroad (L293). How fast time flies, I can't wait to start! :smile:

I don't have any accommodation yet, but I'm looking at Birks Grange, Rowe, and St Germans. Anyone else staying there and/or taking the same or similar course? Regardless, hope to see and meet you all!
Firmed Exeter for FCH (International Relations and Strategy and International Security with Japanese) last Tuesday, when I got my offer. :biggrin:
Am I right to believe that accommodation at Exeter is first come first serve? I received my offer many months ago but I have still not firmed anything so far, should I do it ASAP?
Original post by prospective17
Am I right to believe that accommodation at Exeter is first come first serve? I received my offer many months ago but I have still not firmed anything so far, should I do it ASAP?

I think it is- but put it this way. If you're 100% sure on your decision, what are you going to lose? Go for it!
*Edit: except the applications for accom at exeter haven't opened yet- they open on the 10th April, I think
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi there, I am a student ato Exeter university and thinking of moving out soon if you are interested to rent the room at Picturehouse Apartments sidwell street EX4 6PL spacious double bed with ensuite nice view Available immediately £125/WEEK
Please contact 07887390855 or text me I will get back to you
Im probably coming :biggrin: I'll be doing Psychology.
I'm an international student so I'm kind of nervous since I won't know anyone, anyone else also doing psychology or is an international student?
If you're also taking the same course (or any course really idc) and don't know anyone in Exeter and is nervous like me I don't mind if u message me or something so we can get to know each other before we even go :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm coming to Exeter to do PPE, and I absolutely cannot wait! I was studying at INTO University of Exeter last year and I have been so looking forward to studying the 3 subjects that interest me incredibly! Feel free to chat me up so we can all make some friends before stating uni!
Original post by Niakins
Im probably coming :biggrin: I'll be doing Psychology.
I'm an international student so I'm kind of nervous since I won't know anyone, anyone else also doing psychology or is an international student?
If you're also taking the same course (or any course really idc) and don't know anyone in Exeter and is nervous like me I don't mind if u message me or something so we can get to know each other before we even go :smile:

I'm going to be doing Applied Psych (but its pretty much the same course for the first three years) :smile:
I'm coming to Exeter to do Natural Sciences, anyone else doing the same??
Original post by Tuffyandtab
I'm coming to Exeter to do Natural Sciences, anyone else doing the same??

I've just done my 1st year of NatSci, if you need any help or wanna talk about the course and maybe finding out more people on your course gimme a message and we can start something.

Youre gunna have a fun time :biggrin:
Original post by ISandles
I've just done my 1st year of NatSci, if you need any help or wanna talk about the course and maybe finding out more people on your course gimme a message and we can start something.

Youre gunna have a fun time :biggrin:

Oh ok. How did you find 1st year?
Oh ok. How did you find 1st year?

Ive enjoyed pretty much every moment of it! The assignments and coursework is a little heavy at the end of each term and can be a little stressful but everyone helps one another for everything...

If you are needing some help for NSC1002 and NSC1003, any 2nd year student can help you.
Original post by ISandles
Ive enjoyed pretty much every moment of it! The assignments and coursework is a little heavy at the end of each term and can be a little stressful but everyone helps one another for everything...

If you are needing some help for NSC1002 and NSC1003, any 2nd year student can help you.

That sounds good. What sort of coursework would be set? Would it be like a practical write up or research into a topic?
does anyone know when we get the 'welcome of exeter' email, now we've been confirmed? Also when can we activate our IT accounts?
Original post by resevoircats
does anyone know when we get the 'welcome of exeter' email, now we've been confirmed? Also when can we activate our IT accounts?

They said they will send emails out over the next 2 weeks. Accommodation confirmations will be given out from monday onwards.
They said they will send emails out over the next 2 weeks. Accommodation confirmations will be given out from monday onwards.

Thanks, im super paranoid i wont get any for some reason :s-smilie::smile:
Will be doing International Relations
I'm an incoming fresher for this September. I plan on joining a couple of societies, but will I need to bring a suit with me to Uni or will I never need it?
Original post by Pierrik
I'm an incoming fresher for this September. I plan on joining a couple of societies, but will I need to bring a suit with me to Uni or will I never need it?

Yep bring a suit for freshers ball and you'll likely have a ball at the end of the year with your course.

Source: I'm a 2nd Year student at Exeter now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending