The Student Room Group

university worry.

i just received my AS grades yesterday, and just one thing was bad. My eng lit and politics were both B's, and my history was a D, with one bizarre unit letting me right down. I will resit that unit in january, and should do much better, so hopefully i will be on something like 3 B's at that stage. But however, applying for unis occurs before that, so will a good uni, ie a 300-320 point uni, simply not except my application, because of my original D grade in history?
Reply 1
I was under the impression that your grades do not need to be submitted. I thought it was only your predicted grades that needed to be sent off. So your grades should not affect your chances of an offer of a place but it will affect your chances of being able to accept a place because you may not make the final grade.

I'm not entirely sure though but it's what I believe is true.
Reply 2
Get your teacher to predict you a BBB
You do have to submit existing grades but they don't put so much weight on them, I'm sure if its an anomaly they will overlook it to an extent xx
get predicted good grades, resit work your ass of, pass with good grades
Reply 5
blinkbelle
You do have to submit existing grades but they don't put so much weight on them, I'm sure if its an anomaly they will overlook it to an extent xx

Has this recently changed? My brother applied to university 2 years ago and although he did submit his grades, he didn't actually have to.
Reply 6
You only have to submit grades for subjects that have already been certificated, which I think won't be the case for the TC. Otherwise you can simply put the grade as pending.

Latest