The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I would say go for it! Even if your marks go down you will still remain with a B, so you have nothing to loose!!!

I would speak to your examinations officer ASAP to get a remark, I think its about £30!
Reply 2
Are you 3 UMS marks away? Because that could mean you were actually one raw mark from achieving an A. I say go for it, a remark is usually £30 odd. You must apply through your school though, I suggest ringing them up.
Reply 3
You can get an 'emergency remark' where they mark it really fast.
If your mark changes, they pay, as it's their fault.
You will need to go through your exams officer at school.
Reply 4
Thanks everyone.
Reply 5
Similar situation here, i was 6 UMS marks away from the next grade. Could that mean its only 3 ish raw marks away form the next grade?
Reply 6
I was only 2 UMS marks off so I am definitely going to get a remark. Not sure what paper to get remarked though, or whether my cwk can be re-moderated.
Reply 7
4 marks away from 3000 pounds :frown:
Reply 8
sharp910sh
4 marks away from 3000 pounds :frown:

Ouch...that's painful.

I would get it remarked, OP! Got to be worth the money if it goes up by one raw mark! :wink:
Reply 9
its for maths so its out of 72, so i need 3 more marks, 2 if they round it up. I can't see them just plucking 3 marks out of no where, considering the answer is either write or wrong. and I thought I got a low B not a high B. If only I retook s1. wait its not 3k. its 12k :O 3k every year for 4 years, jesus.
Crikey, that's an expensive 3 marks...
**** me.

That's harsh.
Reply 12
I have to get 2 marks to take me to a C from a D 358/600 on Edexcel.

I'm not sure how easy that will be because that means 2 marks or 2 ticks not percentages.

Also I don't know which Edexcel papers to get marked, the low grades or high grades. As papers could go down as well as up.

I really don't know what to do.

My teacher is on holiday, so I'll call the college on Monday for advice.

Latest