The Student Room Group

A2 History (OCR) marking

Just thought I'd start a thread to discuss the marking of this years A2 History for OCR.

I got high A's in my coursework and the Historical Investigation module but an E in the 'Themes in History' module. This was the case for almost all the girls in my year, the school is sending them all back to be remarked. I was wondering if any other schools had experienced the same mix up.
-LornaDoone-
Just thought I'd start a thread to discuss the marking of this years A2 History for OCR.

I got high A's in my coursework and the Historical Investigation module but an E in the 'Themes in History' module. This was the case for almost all the girls in my year, the school is sending them all back to be remarked. I was wondering if any other schools had experienced the same mix up.

Hhhmmmmmm, that seems quite odd, since you got an A on 'that' coursework! The one which is totally unpredictable! It was quite the opposite at our school in fact, which makes your results even more fishy. I think around 5/9 students got an A on Themes - we were studying 'Tudor Rebellions', similarly, 4/9 got an A on the Independent Investigation...

It could be due to your course content?
Reply 2
Opposite way round for me. I got a high A on the coursework, full marks on "Themes" and a D in Historical Investigation. I knew I hadn't done brilliantly but I didn't think I'd done that badly. Fishy.

Latest