The Student Room Group

urgent - which history module remarked?!!

I was wondering what everyone thought about getting a remark on a history exam because overall the grade was 4 marks off an A. However, there are only 2 possible papers to have remarks on from this exam session - either the coursework which got 71/90 or a paper which got 100/120. Basically, which would be more likely to go up? Because there is perhaps a more subjective markscheme for the coursework as opposed to the paper so maybe a different examiner is more likely to change the mark but then the paper has more marks to be gained overall because it's out of more. Any ideas?

Thanks for your advice everyone! :smile:
Reply 1
Did you "feel" you did better on one than you expected? If not then id go for the one thats out of 120 as theres more room for improvement as it were.
Do you need the grade for uni? If yes id probs have both remarked! lol :smile:

Good luck!
Well, you can always ask your teachers opinion on the coursework, right?

And if it's not urgent, then a photocopy of the paper.
Reply 3
Well....I felt they were about the same - maybe the exam paper went a little better. I did ask the teacher who suggested getting both remarked but then if I could just get one it would be cheaper and in raw marks, I may only need 1 or 2 to get the 4 UMS (I hope!! lol). Thanks for your advice - it's been really helpful so far.

And if it's not urgent, then a photocopy of the paper.

On a slightly different topic, can you actually get a photocopy and then still have it remarked afterwards?
Reply 4
I asked one of my friends and they said to just get 1 remarked and see how it went and then get the other remarked later if the changes aren't enough on the first paper - does that seem sensible?
Reply 5
you won't have time to get the 2nd remark after you get the result from the 1st remark :s-smilie:

cw is checked by your teacher + moderated, so v unlikely to change unless they recheck all your class' marks.

maybe get other unit remarked, otherwise resit the unit you got 100/120 on next year?
Reply 6
hunibuni
I asked one of my friends and they said to just get 1 remarked and see how it went and then get the other remarked later if the changes aren't enough on the first paper - does that seem sensible?

Yeah unless it's urgent.

Latest