The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Athens login

Hi,
This is probably only relevant to current students. Can anyone access Athens? I've tried over the last couple days and keep getting this error:

"The Authentication Point was unable to process this SAML assertion. This may be due to a temporary network problem, server failure, or invalid request.
"

I'm trying in the "Alternative Login" section, but still no luck. Any ideas? :confused:

Just want to make sure it's not just me....:smile:
Reply 1
I just managed to log into JSTOR through athens. Looks like it might be a problem with you. Sorry!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
The uni Athens passwords stopped working last year. You have to choose the alternative login and use your uni user name and password and it should work.
Reply 4
La Trampa
The uni Athens passwords stopped working last year. You have to choose the alternative login and use your uni user name and password and it should work.

Wrong. They still work, the uni just wants you to use the alternative login.
Reply 5
for most people they've been deactivated since last year.
Reply 6
I tried using the alternative login section, but it still came back with the error. Thanks for the link Esth3r, I'll send them an email and hopefully they can fix it.
Reply 7
Has this been fixed now? I logged into NewScientist.com via Athens yesterday (using the alternative logon) and there was no problem.
Reply 8
Yup, it seems fixed now. I was able to log in just now. Hope it doesn't go back down lol
Reply 9
Old thread but is Athens not working? :lolwut:

It sometimes doesn't log in, i.e. authentication failure, or it redirected me to "university of ulster" log-in page, and when it does, it says I have no resources available... :s:
Reply 10
Charl
Old thread but is Athens not working? :lolwut:

It sometimes doesn't log in, i.e. authentication failure, or it redirected me to "university of ulster" log-in page, and when it does, it says I have no resources available... :s:

I think the Athens login system has been removed. So now if you're trying to access a journal off campus, go to the website as usual, and still click on 'athens login' or whatever. But instead of typing in the username and password, click the link which says 'alternate login'. You may have to select your institution when you do this (University of Nottingham). Once this is done, all you do is enter your normal Nottingham username and password (like the one to access your emails/portal) and it should work.
This is bugging me now!!!

Why is it that I can't seem to access the Harvard Business Review at home using my own internet connection??
It worked before whilst I was at De Montfort University using my own connection but here at Nottingham it seems like I have to be on campus in order to access the articles!!!!!

The article is by Werner Reinartz and V. Kumar (2002) 'The mismanagement of customer loyalty' Harvard Business Review

When I try and access it through the ProQuest Database I get this error message:-

ezyproxy.nottingham.ac.uk could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

It worked using my own internet at De Montfort but not here at Nottingham Uni!!
What's going to happen when it comes to dissertation time during easter, do I need to be here on campus??

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Hmm best people to speak to really are the IT helpline or the library. I think the latter.
and there's me thinking you would be able to help me La Trampa without having to redirect me to other people :frown:
You're off campus so it's something to do with being on the network. I'm not staff/IT so can't help you there.
If you're already trying the 'alternative login' option and it's not letting you in,then I'm not sure what it is.
The only other thing I can think of is that you're trying to access one of those journals that requires you are on the nottingham network. I think some, if not all require you to be on the nottingham network before you can access it.

Stupid question but did you try googling? I googled and the first thing was a pdf of the article you want. didn't require me logging into athens either
I can login to athens but whenever I want to access a harvard business review document through proquest it comes up with the error as i mentioned before... yeah i tried googling and its fine but i just wanted to know why they have to make things difficult for us... oh noes, i dont care now.. dont worry about it.. i'll just use google. google is my friend, yada yada yada.

Latest

Trending

Trending