The Student Room Group

AQA grades strange (remark?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I was surprised with 47/90 in my Language of Performing Arts module in Performance Studies. It's the coursework module, and my teacher proof-read it and gave me a B... I think that might be remarked...
jkyng1
Hi,
in response to the AQA strange grades thread, who's getting their papers remarked?
Please post the subject, the paper and the grade + UMS mark you got and the grade you actually expected.

Business Studies
Unit 6
77/120 C
expected at least a B if not an A

not sure whether i should go for remark though.

I was always predicted an A in AS Business studies, in unit 1 i got 85, unit 3 118, and unit 2 ended up getting 39, a huge shock and almost deffinate mistake by aqa either in there adding up or marking of the test.!:eek: , Im not too worried though it is getting re marked and i will get 85+/90 as i expected im sure :smile::
Has anyone had any success with remarks yet? I was thinking of remarking my history, I got B and C's and I need them to be A's.
Reply 43
AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Has anyone had any success with remarks yet? I was thinking of remarking my history, I got B and C's and I need them to be A's.

Still about three weeks until replies. :mad:
Spanish
Unit 1 (reading and writing)
72/105 - C
I expected a B
Unit 2 (writing exam)
34/90 - U :frown::frown::frown:
I expected a B, possibly a C

Overall, I got a D, which I am really disappointed with.

I might retake the writing exam, but I'm not sure.
Reply 45
Mijdge
I was surprised with 47/90 in my Language of Performing Arts module in Performance Studies. It's the coursework module, and my teacher proof-read it and gave me a B... I think that might be remarked...

omg same with mine! I got 48/90 and I copied someone from my group who got an A last year. That can't be right! I don't know if you can get c/w remarked though??
Reply 46
I don't know, I think you have to resubmit. I think it's a case of asking the teacher. I think I'm dropping it next year anyway :biggrin:
Reply 47
mr_Cricket
I was always predicted an A in AS Business studies, in unit 1 i got 85, unit 3 118, and unit 2 ended up getting 39, a huge shock and almost deffinate mistake by aqa either in there adding up or marking of the test.!:eek: , Im not too worried though it is getting re marked and i will get 85+/90 as i expected im sure :smile::

yeah good luck with us
Kasphlam
English Literature
LTA1 -- The Modern novel
UMS -- 7/100 -- U

Expected at least a high B

Isn't it out of 90?
Anyway I got 14 marks, so a U.
Which is lower than my original grade of a D, because I resat this module.
I really expected at least higher than a D!
on bbc london news there was a report on schools in hertfordshire getting very low marks in AQA exams despite students getting predicted A's and B's
Reply 50
mr_Cricket

How can you say that! Maybe just maybe you did bad in the exam, i know that may be hard to take in but it does happen.:p: It really annoys me when people automatically blame poor performance on bad marking.
tomenthedon
on bbc london news there was a report on schools in hertfordshire getting very low marks in AQA exams despite students getting predicted A's and B's

REALLY?!??!?! what subjects!?? :eek: ,
danfl2004
How can you say that! Maybe just maybe you did bad in the exam, i know that may be hard to take in but it does happen.:p: It really annoys me when people automatically blame poor performance on bad marking.

i'm really sure that there is something wrong with the marking, unless i missed any questions out i dont see how i could have been givien such a low mark, remember this isnt physics.. business is more of a skill.. if u write alot you get marks for analysis e.t.c, i remmeber the exam went fine and infact i was sure that i analysed whatever i wrote very well, i applied every answer and gave evaluations, i didnt have any bloody space to write anything else!!!, so im really suprised at the grade, and also considering the fact that i gto 85/90 IN UNIT 1, 118/120 in unit 3, it doesnt make sence at all, sure i may not have done that well in the module but if this was the case surely a mark aorund 50/90 would have beeen probable :smile:
Reply 53
I got all A's Ans B's in my BYA biology exmas , i got my unit 6 result back and came back as a E, 1 mark of U!! And i thought that exam went well, my uni have rejected me because i was a few marks short so gettin it remarked and will hopefully get the resullt back soon! AQA have got something wrong in the marking department!!
Reply 54
stranger101
Isn't it out of 90?
Anyway I got 14 marks, so a U.
Which is lower than my original grade of a D, because I resat this module.
I really expected at least higher than a D!

Yeah, it was a slip of the finger.
mr_Cricket

Well I did get 98/105, 95/105 then 43/90... Something wrong there too :yep: Oh and that was for Physics.
Reply 56
Apparantly priority remarks take 18 days!! i need to know soon as my clearing uni needs to know in 7 days this sucks!!!
Reply 57
Ashy_121
can someone confirm the deadline is the 19th sept for a business AQA paper? (not urgent as i have a place at uni....ie not neccessarily a 'priority remark') Thanks

yep, im getting that remarked too and 19th september is the deadline for non-priority.
Reply 58
pbobp
Apparantly priority remarks take 18 days!! i need to know soon as my clearing uni needs to know in 7 days this sucks!!!

Speak to your university! If your remarks are successful they are obliged to accept u! Most unis don't begin till the end of september, which gives u plenty of time to get your remarks in to them.

Good Luck! xx
Reply 59
I experienced Strange marking with AQA!
Business Studies Module 1, more than half of the class got U's, when predicted much higher grades.
Think i'm going to get it remarked.

Quick Reply

Latest